Thread: Manual Labor

Manual Labor

Shop Now
    I think a lot of people would appreciate a post on keeping yourself healthy while doing manual labor. Long days carrying heavy materials in steel toed boots is tough, especially for people who had desk jobs in a better economy. It would be a great holiday gift, and it could bring in a new demographic readership. Thank you for the consideration.

I agree! I sometimes do manual labor at my job, although mostly it's a desk job. my coworker does the bulk of the manual labor and always boasts about how great it feels to do it with a big yeeeehah! I admit, it feels great when I'm lifting and dumping heavy boxes, or taking a hammer to something

I was a manual laborer until the economy crashed. Nothing left for us to do (we sold our jobs to china and india), so now I work in a hospital. No heavy lifting aka 'fun' anymore, but I do get to walk about seven miles every day. Sometimes I sneak into a closet and do pushups to feel alive.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

I work in security but recently I helped unload a truck because the proper personnel weren't available. I'm glad I don't have to bust my hump everyday but I must say a little honest straight forward physical work was refreshing.

Shop Now
    I work in pretty much manual labor. You wouldn't think cleaning a rabbit hutch out is hard work, but then you do 15 of them. Then you clean out 12 reptile vivariums, 4 small mammal vivariums, 2 monkey cages and a skunk, move all the bedding, food, rubbish bags and animals around, then sweep up the giant mess made on the floor, then cycle home... Yeah. I'm knackered when I come home in the evening. I'm pretty glad I only do it once a week now, when I did it 5 days a week for my apprentiship, I was pretty dead for the weekends!
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!