Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach games for kids page

seaweed is offline Senior Member

Beach games for kids

Shop Now
    we live by the beach. i have 2 kids and a dog i cant always walk during school hours so i was wondering if anyone could suggest any beach games we could do. there arent enuf of us to play any type of team game. unless the dog can be a member of the team which would give us 2 a side. we can just do sprints but i figured if we made a game of it, it would be more fun. i would also rather use a natural material like a ball of kelp or a piece of driftwood as the ball than carry a big ball around. the beach is usually deserted as well so we dont have to worry about crashing into anyone when we run around.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Relay Races!

good idea! i had thought of some kind of simplified baseball, something which involves chasing and races. if there's enuf driftwood, we walk over it and see who can stay off the ground the longest. but that is only in one corner of the beach.

saarx1 is offline Senior Member
    I remember back in the days where i trained in a pre-army group.. every weekend we would go to the beach, taking a football with us and play a game we invented.. its sort of combination between rogby and football.. but it has nothing to do with what your asking, as you need atleast 2 teams of 5 people and a referree (and the game itself is pretty violent and aggressive)(this game is actually great as sprint excercise, because you need to run from defense to attack all the time on a deep sand which absoloutly kills your legs and also everyone on each team is responsible to guard a member of the other team so if your not giving your absolute 100% and the guy your guarding make some goals your team starts to put alot of pressure on you which pretty much forces your to give your maximum).. but i just had some memories i wanted to share..

anyway..games to the beach.. hmm..
    i realy cant think of anything.. sorry..
    il just give some idea to a killer excercie you can do that i know of from my train training on the group i spoke of earlier.

find some sort of long stick and place it in the water about 15 meters of so into the water, and another stick of somthing 30-40 meters away from the water (for a real kill, find an uphill which is realy close to the water and put the stick on the uphill.. ive done many excercises like this one.. it will kill you but u cant get any better sprint excercise this this) and just start on the uphill (or on the bottom of it), run to the stick in the water and circle it and run back to the top of the hill..

lol that sounds nasty! our beach is pretty wild so i'm not so sure i would be wanting to be 15m out without a wetsuit, a surf board and a leg rope or even a boat but we could do a variant. lots of driftwood to play with. big chunks of seaweed too.

kris2020 is offline Junior Member
    You can arrange a beach volleyball game, as you are young you can handle your kids, and also some sand games, like making home and other character, that would be knowledgeable too.

elliottsmith is offline Senior Member
    'Run away from Daddy or he is going to kick you in he arse, straight into he sea'. Admittedly it's a long name for a beach game so we've shortened it to RAFDOHIGTKYITASITS and I love it. The kids don't like it as much as me as they do end up getting repeatedly wet. I prefer playing it in the icy cold winters we have here in the U.K, it makes them run that be faster (trying to keep away from my foot & the sea) and gives them a better workout, hehehe. I always get them in the end though...

You could always play a good game of 'IT' if your not into RAFDOHIGTKYITASITS.

LaraE is offline Junior Member
    How big is your dog?

You could play what I call "tag frisbee". In that case, dogs can be team-members too. I played it a lot as a kid.

This is how it goes: Split up in groups of two (ie one group would be a human and your dog), and the two members of each team start passing the frisbee back and forth to each other while the two members of the other team try to catch it mid-air and steal it. As soon as you've stolen the frisbee you have to start passing it back and forth between you and your team-mate and the other team has to try to r-conquer it.

Obviously, your dog can't pass the frisbee, but if he/she has it, then you could pick it up and throw it for him/her. You'll still end up getting enough exercise because you'll surely be running a lot when the other team has the frisbee. Usually, the biggest challenge of the game lies within the humans trying to outrun the dog.

There are some rules (that me and my bro and cousins came up with): 1) The frisbee can only be "stolen" in mid air. You cannot rip it out of someone's hand once they've caught it. 2) Once you have it, you have to throw it within 5 seconds.

Of course, this game doesn't work with yorkshire terriers (or maybe it does, I just haven't tried it).

kris2020 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottsmith View Post
    'Run away from Daddy or he is going to kick you in he arse, straight into he sea'. Admittedly it's a long name for a beach game so we've shortened it to RAFDOHIGTKYITASITS and I love it. The kids don't like it as much as me as they do end up getting repeatedly wet. I prefer playing it in the icy cold winters we have here in the U.K, it makes them run that be faster (trying to keep away from my foot & the sea) and gives them a better workout, hehehe. I always get them in the end though...

You could always play a good game of 'IT' if your not into RAFDOHIGTKYITASITS.
    what kind of game is it i have never ever heard about it, and how many players can play.........please can you explain it?:?)
    Last edited by kris2020; 01-24-2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: smily

dado Guest
    beach games, beach soccer. kick a ball around, maybe make a goal, i don't know if they are creative enough to make a goal with whatever is laying around, because it's 2012, but you make a goal and make a game around that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast