Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taste buds page 2

Fletch666 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Definitely happened with me. 90% cacao chocolate now seems quite sweet where it used to be far too bitter to eat.

Tessa is offline Member
    Oh yes, foods taste totally different, there's so much more flavor in simple things. And yes, before Primal I probably would have spit out the 85% chocolate I now adore.
    Character is defined by what you do when no one else is looking.

pbj
    pbj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
    Oh yes, foods taste totally different, there's so much more flavor in simple things. And yes, before Primal I probably would have spit out the 85% chocolate I now adore.
    +1
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

Westly is offline Senior Member
    I also have a better sense of smell! So it's not just the taste, but I can SMELL things, and it's fantastic! (Except when it's things like cat vomit...things like that...)
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Westly View Post
    I also have a better sense of smell! So it's not just the taste, but I can SMELL things, and it's fantastic! (Except when it's things like cat vomit...things like that...)
    I agree. While my taste has certainly and dramatically changed, the change in my sense of smell is more interesting to me. The smell of vegetable oils is now horrible. Before going primal I thought the smell (and taste) was neutral. One of my housemates made pancakes yesterday, complete with hot, microwaved, maple-flavored syrup... I had to step outside for fresh air.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Onions and sweet potatoes = candy.

meepster is online now Senior Member
    Yes. This is my favorite thing about being Primal. Fruit tastes amazing now that I'm not killing my tastebuds with all that sugar anymore, and I find I can taste the chemicals in processed foods. I noticed this when I bought some coconut milk once - it was packaged in a box, and had all sorts of preservatives and stuff in it, and it tasted chemical and disgusting. No more processed foods for me.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I've noticed it, too.
    I'm to the point where the pemmican bars from US wellness meats are actually too salty. And I can't eat the bratwursts from my local farmer anymore, grassfed or not, the salt quantity is disgusting, and I think it's the wrong kind of salt...just yuck.

I'm to the point where I can taste the natural sodium within muscle tissue and blood of my steaks
    And fruit seems to be getting sweeter and sweeter...can barely get a teaspoon of raw honey down.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch666 View Post
    Definitely happened with me. 90% cacao chocolate now seems quite sweet where it used to be far too bitter to eat.
    I eat the 100% baker's chocolate kind. The good thing about this is that I don't have to share because everyone else thinks it tastes nasty. I think it's wonderful.

Sergel is offline Junior Member
    Funny, my sense of smell is bothering me now... like its back. I never smelled much but now I find myself stopping and saying...oh what's that... oh smells like this or that...

Funny things happen when you go Paléo... all good things though... I am having fun with this...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast