Thread: Rapid Fat Loss Tips page

DiscoStew is offline Junior Member

Rapid Fat Loss Tips

Shop Now
    Hi all, following a mostly PB lifestyle (ie about 90%), I've managed to loose about 7kg (15lbs). I'd estimate I've still got another 2kg (5lbs) to loose. For the next two weeks, I'm off work so I'd thought I'd see if I could loose those last 2kgs. What things can I, or should I, do to help rid myself of those last 2 kgs (eg morning walks everyday before breakfast; cut carbs to under 50gm a day (I currently avg about 60-80 gm of carbs a day)).

DS

P.S. I currently weight train 3 times a week (full-body workouts) and sprint once a week.

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    unless u have stalled i dont see y u would need to change ur system, u lost 15 pounds already, keep it up.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

DiscoStew is offline Junior Member
    Actually, I forgot to mention I have stalled. Nothing lost now for 3-4 weeks :-(

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    well to be honest 5 pounds is pretty relative. u fluctuate in weight all day. so u could be 4 pounds lighter one day and be heavier the next. if u weight train 3 times a week, ur going to be gaining muscle mass. maybe add in some light cardio on the other days, if sprinting is ur only cardio.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

SlimIcy is offline Senior Member
    You are missing one key element of the PB fitness routine: Play!

Starting up a weekly pickup basketball game helped me break a plateau.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    have a carb refeed or a weekly cheat day. After the cheat, do a fast and back to lower carb. Also sprint twice per week. Eat higher carbs after weight training.
    Last edited by Sue; 11-19-2011 at 12:51 AM.

MMMM FAT is offline Senior Member
    I started doing Tabata Sprints(on the bike,,if i dont lift then I run) after my heavy lift/carb refeeds just to assure myself that I am depleted. Huge difference, also find the point when working out that you make strange weird unnatural noises. Doing my sprints at the gym the other day...I let out a "BLEH" I got really weird looks This goes for squatting as well(usually instead of noises it is spit flying out of my mouth). People always say it is the little things that make the last 2-4% BF disappear and I am finally understanding this.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    MMMFat, grunting while lifting heavy helps!! Heard it the other day on podcast.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Chochobo View Post
    if u weight train 3 times a week, ur going to be gaining muscle mass.
    Have you stalled, or just put on some muscle weight while still losing body fat?
    Don't just go by the scales, take a look in the mirror, use a tape measure, measure your body fat somehow. It doesn't really matter how, or how accurate it is, just as long as it's consistent so you can use the results for trending purposes.

I've given myself a target weight of 77kg by Xmas, but that's just because it's quicker than mentioning that my goal is to get stronger and in doing so pack on some lean muscle here, here and here, but not let my waist get bigger
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/