Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a dilemma.. page

KaterinaE Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Lately I've been opting for fruits and nut/butters (coconut butter is a big problem with me) over my protein and veggies, and noticing the scale going up. I keep these around to keep me from missing sugar and grains, but I'm having a really hard time controlling myself with them.

How would you go about dealing with this?

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Don't buy them.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I don&#39;t keep this stuff in my house because they trigger me to over eat. I only buy them when I want them, and only a single serving at a time.

For the nutbutters I simply buy enough nuts to make a small batch of my own nut butter. It&#39;s cheaper than paying a dollar for a little packet of almond butter with honey that my grocery sells.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Yes. Don&#39;t buy them.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Yup. If you can&#39;t refrain, don&#39;t keep it in the house.

As for the "missing sugar and grains" issue, I think there are several parts of the solution:

1) Keep reading about WHY you&#39;ve made this lifestyle choice. Remind yourself that sugar and grain aren&#39;t something to miss -- they&#39;re poison.

2) Fight "mouth boredom" with something low carb and low calorie, like tea or sliced veggies. Flaked, dessicated coconut can be fun to munch on, but be sure to take reasonable portions.

3) Eat big, satisfying meals, then stay busy between them to avoid snackiness.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

I second the tea suggestion. Yogi Tea&#39;s Egyptian Licorice Mint tea is Stevia-sweetened and super yummy. My kids beg for it all day long. Their Mayan Cocoa Spice is very good too if you&#39;re in the mood for something with a chocolate flavor. It comes in tea bags, and both are herbal. I get it at my health food store, and some Target stores carry it too.

http://www.yogiproducts.com/products/details/egyptian-licorice-mint/

http://www.yogiproducts.com/products...n-cocoa-spice/

jmc1979 Guest

I have noticed that most of the flavored teas in my local grocery store have soy lechtin or corn starch added to them. I am sure it is a minimal amount, and have no clue what purpose it serves, but still it is reason for me to not purchase the tea. Because of that I pretty much stick with my green tea, which I have grown to love, especially with a slice of lemon.

Asturian is offline Senior Member

Seems you have a consensus building here.

If you are addicted to sweets (or carbs in general), then go cold turkey to try and end the addiction.

My addiction was for starchy carbs and going cold turkey is what it took for me to stop. It has been almost a year now. It is so much easier to avoid them, even with the smell of fresh bread or tortillas when walking past the bakery section in a grocery store is no longer a problem.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

"I have noticed that most of the flavored teas in my local grocery store have soy lechtin or corn starch added to them. I am sure it is a minimal amount, and have no clue what purpose it serves, but still it is reason for me to not purchase the tea."

Yogi Tea, the brand I mentioned, doesn&#39;t have any of that stuff added to it. :-)

I looove green tea. I wish I could still drink it. But even that much caffeine is bad news for me. *sigh*

jmc1979 Guest

@Pikaia

That is good to know, I will definitely try them, I also am trying to cut back on my caffeine....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast