Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coconut oil at trader joes! page

BethBeth is offline Junior Member

Coconut oil at trader joes!

Primal Fuel

What a great day! New item at Trader Joe's, 16 FL OZ of Coconut Oil for $5.99! This was at a Trader Joe's in Maryland near Baltimore... I think I was a little too enthusiastic for the cashier.
    Last edited by BethBeth; 11-17-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    ya mine has it too, to bad i still have half a jar of it from 2 months ago... when i bought it at whole foods for like 9 bucks boo
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chochobo View Post
    ya mine has it too, to bad i still have half a jar of it from 2 months ago... when i bought it at whole foods for like 9 bucks boo
    I have two jars, one at the office that I take spoonfuls of if I get hungry in the mornings (I don't eat breakfast) and one at home. The one at home is the WF one, but I dislike using it because it has a really weird odor...almost like it's spoiled, but it's definitely not spoiled. Are you having those problems?

I saw that at TJs today too. Can't wait to finish off one of my jars so that I can start buying cheaper coconut oil

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    nope mine smells good. i just dont use it that much like ppl do here. i dont like to eat it just by itself. it freaks me out when ppl say they do that lol. its an oil i use for it cooking only and a lil goes a long way.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BethBeth View Post
    I think I was a little too enthusiastic for the cashier.
    Hahaha! I can't imagine that. The cashiers at the TJ's in Atlanta are always super-happy and upbeat. I wonder if they carry it now and if it's cheaper/better than what I can get at the Dekalb Farmer's Market. How much did it cost, Beth?

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    It's about freakin' time! I do love my Tropical Traditions coconut oil, but when I recommend coconut oil to my friends, nobody wants to mail order it. Must try the Trader Joe's brand.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Hahaha! I can't imagine that. The cashiers at the TJ's in Atlanta are always super-happy and upbeat. I wonder if they carry it now and if it's cheaper/better than what I can get at the Dekalb Farmer's Market. How much did it cost, Beth?
    She mentioned $5.99 (though might have been edited in after you asked)

I'll look for this at the one near my job, where I routinely get canned fish for days I didn't cook, along with hard boiled eggs. I do have a subscription to coconut oil from Amazon though, it's $6.19 for 16oz but with free shipping the slight difference in price won't break my bank. Currently I'm only using coconut oil for cooking and yesterday I went back to adding it to tea. I was using a different brand prior that had too many solids that bothered my throat, this one doesn't! (not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but the ingredients are just virgin coconut oil). My subscription is for a delivery every 6 months (so two jars a year) because I don't think I'll finish it any sooner. I would happily get more, but my family doesn't use it no matter how often I ask them to PLEASE JUST DO IT.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    She mentioned $5.99 (though might have been edited in after you asked)
    Nah, i'm just a doofus and missed it. Thanks Beth for posting and iniQuity for pointing it out.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I just bought a jar at WF, so when that runs out I'll definitely try the less expensive TJ's variety! We don't like all coconut oils though, so it has to taste right...
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    I saw it yesterday. Is it deodorized, or does it have that heavenly coconutty aroma?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast