Thread: Can I go to Winn-Dixie to get beef liver and bones? page

highaerials36 is offline Senior Member

Can I go to Winn-Dixie to get beef liver and bones?

Primal Fuel
    I ask because I am absolutely lost as to where to get these two things in my town. I don't think my town has a local farm market, or how I would go about finding one.

Grafter is offline Senior Member
    Well, I have no idea where you are, but the Wal-Marts near me usually have some organ meats from cows, but no packages of bones or fat. You could also check to see if there are any meat lockers/butchers nearby, that could hook you up as well.

That's the thing...I have no clue how to find places that have organ meats and bones.

Grafter is offline Senior Member
    Again, I'm not totally sure how much help I can be, since I have no idea where you are at. But, I would do the following:

1. Look in your local yellow pages for meat lockers, butchers, grocery stores - meat, food co-ops, etc. and then give the numbers a call
    2. Do a google search of the above terms and your city, state and then call the telephone numbers or visit the websites.
    3. Look at the local craigslist in the farm and garden section and see if anyone is selling beef or whichever type of meat you want and then contact them

Fury is offline Senior Member
    It depends what's local, but many ethnic cuisines are full of organ meats, so any nearby ethnic supermarkets will likely have what your looking for if you can't find a butcher.
    A local asian market near here recently got a new line of various organs that I'd never heard of as food before, lol
    Last edited by Fury; 11-17-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    Again, I'm not totally sure how much help I can be, since I have no idea where you are at. But, I would do the following:

1. Look in your local yellow pages for meat lockers, butchers, grocery stores - meat, food co-ops, etc. and then give the numbers a call
    2. Do a google search of the above terms and your city, state and then call the telephone numbers or visit the websites.
    3. Look at the local craigslist in the farm and garden section and see if anyone is selling beef or whichever type of meat you want and then contact them
    Wow. I didn't even think of that. You rock!