Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Climber training and PBF page 3

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    Just do some bouldering
    Yeah, bouldering is a lot of fun. I'm getting comfortable with heights in top rope climbing, but it does still take some of my concentration away so I take a while to get up there. I like how it's like a puzzle to figure out with your body.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Yeah, bouldering is a lot of fun. I'm getting comfortable with heights in top rope climbing, but it does still take some of my concentration away so I take a while to get up there. I like how it's like a puzzle to figure out with your body.
    Just wait 'til you start lead climbing!

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    ^ and THAT is what i meant by "sarcasm." 5.8 in gym = piece of piss. 5.8 in gym lead = a bit more nervy, but still okay. 5.8 outside: HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA.

when i worked in an outdoor store i had some customers come in and start buying a pile of mountaineering gear for a trip to the Alps based on their indoor climbing grades. they'd just started overwinter and were reckoning they were climbing about 5.9 and were all set to go take a big outdoor trip. i mentioned a good training quarry near Glasgow for them to crack onto before they went on their trip. they came back the next day and were like, uhmmmm.... okay we led 5.4. rookie mistake!

mkowske is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananabonobo View Post
    hey, pardon me if you already have it/have heard of it/whatever but Dave McLeod published a book last year called 9 out of 10 climbers Make the Same Mistakes and it's a lot about busting up plateaus like that. http://www.amazon.com/out-climbers-m.../dp/095642810X i haven't read it myself but it might help you if you're feeling a bit progress-limited.

i wish i could offer more advice... i'm like a 5.7 climber wishing i had the strength:weight ratio to kick ass like you. but pbf is definitely helping!
    I have read this book already and it is a good read! I realized faults with my climbing that I hadn't thought of before and it has helped.

elliottsmith is offline Senior Member
    Like the 8a.nu - GLOBAL site alot, cheers for the heads up on that one! I usually use the site UKClimbing.com coming from England...

Quote Originally Posted by elliottsmith View Post
    Like the 8a.nu - GLOBAL site alot, cheers for the heads up on that one! I usually use the site UKClimbing.com coming from England...
    That first site is definitely good. Idk, I usually just go climb, don't worry about training too much. Mountain Project is my home lol

elliottsmith is offline Senior Member
    CLYMB I assume you come from Scottsdale, Arizona? What sort of climbing do you typically have in the US, is it predominately bolted sport routes or trad' climbing with leader placed protection?

ciep is offline Senior Member
    "9 Out of 10" just went on my Amazon wishlist. Looks interesting.

And I think I'll go check out Mountain Project now, seeing as how Clymb's all about it...

Quote Originally Posted by ciep View Post
    "9 Out of 10" just went on my Amazon wishlist. Looks interesting.

And I think I'll go check out Mountain Project now, seeing as how Clymb's all about it...
    You can't climb and not use Mountain Project. You just can't. It's like an unwritten rule, lol.

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    You can't climb and not use Mountain Project. You just can't. It's like an unwritten rule, lol.
    Lol, apparently I haven't been climbing all this time. I will amend my ways!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast