Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To Gain 30lbs Of Muscle On A Primal Diet and Using Only Body Weight! page 3

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    rofl
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Nice gains, Tim! Way to shoot down the bodyweight/primal haters.

I'm just curious though, obviously you gained a lot of mass and likely increased your raw strength, but did your relative strength increase? Can you do more reps of pull-ups, push-ups, etc? Have you improved at higher level skills? I know you've been working on levers and human flags.

Either way, you definitely look swole.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

TimBell is offline Senior Member
    @Al : Actually glad you asked this question! Man, surprisingly I felt very strong and hit much higher numbers on both dips and pull ups than I used to hit. I also increased the amount of weight I was lifting when doing weighted pulling or pushing exercises. One thing that did suffer however were my muscle up numbers, I moved across town from the 3 parks where I used to practice muscle ups so I feel like it was just a lack of practice. As for levers, I'm currently working hard on achieving a full front lever , I'm now holding straddle levers for around 5-6 seconds. So things are coming along. I also , at my heaviest, started performing free standing hand stand push ups as well.
    Fitness Is A Journey, Not A Destination.

strom is offline Senior Member
    Eat a gallon of yogurt would constipate me. I posted this on my blog.

@strom: What's your blog??

strom is offline Senior Member

@Strom: Great, I just checked it out! Thanks a lot for sharing. Also to answer your question about using kettlebells. I actually didn't use any kettlebell training in my mass gaining process. I did use them attached to a dip belt to add weight to chin ups, pull ups, and dips. But I didn't do any traditional kettlebell exercises such as swings, cleans, presses, get ups etc. The photos shown in the video were actually shot for an article I did for a magazine. That article was on blending kettlebell and body weight training together that's why the kettlebell was in the shot. Also I tried to use photos that were almost to the same to show the size difference. =)

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    My IT wizards block your site, but what milk/protein powder did you use?

@tcb: I used 2% milk or whole milk when I could get my hands on it. Protein powder was just a whey powder , basic stuff.

Ross is offline Junior Member
    Whey protein is the best diet to gain the weight of the body very quickly. It also useful to build the body muscles and give the strengthen to you muscles and avoid to eat fast and spicy food.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast