Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOOHOO I COULD EAT MEAT AGAIN!!! Kelp Noodles?? page

Meathead is offline Junior Member

WOOHOO I COULD EAT MEAT AGAIN!!! Kelp Noodles??

Shop Now
    Hey Groks & Grokettes, I was wondering what you guys thought about this product. I ordered a case last week and made some primal spaghetti and It was PHENOMENAL!!!! It has a neutral taste. I thought it'd be fishy. It says it's ready to eat right out of the bag but it boiled it anyway for about 10-15 minutes to make it a bit softer. Let me know what you guys think.

Sea Tangle Noodle Company: Kelp Noodles

(Oh by the way I'm just starting out on PB after 3 months on a 3000-4000 calorie a day experimental Fruitarian diet. I Promised my girlfriend I'd do it with/for her as a birthday gift lol. Great experience and results physically and performance wise. Blood tests were perfect besides B12-Vitamin D. But I just love meat too much lol and my obligation expired Nov 15th)

Oh and check out these BBQ pit boys. They're meat masters lol. I just used one of their steak recipes and OMG they were on point. check em out.

BarbecueWeb's Channel - YouTube

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    i use kelp noodles all the time. great way to get iodine in ur diet as well.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Great! By the looks of your pic you really did tremendous on PB. Great job brother. I'm gonna read your thread now. How do you prepare your Kelp?

thank you. raw cooked marinated. its all lovely.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Yup. Kelp noodles are tasty, and a good analog for pasta.

Great!!! What recipes have you used them with?

i just throw in any recipe they're so mild in flavor u eat them with anything. one dish i make is cooked ground beef, i add shrimp too throw in whatever spices u like. some quick sauteed veggies. then add the noodles. toss around for 4min. and right at the end i remove it from the heat and throw in 2 egg yolks. pretty awesome.

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds

raptoryell is offline Senior Member
    Nice find...will order these tomorrow.
    Primal (2013)
    Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
    Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, and weight training

Would like to be in good shape by my 35th Birthday (07-07-2013)

tplank is offline Senior Member
    So, what do kelp noodles taste like? I generally don't like substitutes and opt to just stay away from things. But, the iodine potential here is enough to get my attention. I really would prefer something that was different than pasta, but with its own goodness.

Right out of the bag they got a noodley (is that even a word?) texture to them but with a slight crunch. Not bad at all trust me. But what I like to do now is soak them the day I intend on eating them generally from 9am-6pm. Then as I'm preparing my meal I boil some water and boil them for a good 10-15 min to REALLY get them to angel hair pasta texture. I've tried just boiling them out of the bag and I just was not patient enough after the 20 min mark. Now some folks like them right out of the package without even boiling or soaking, but i like the texture of pasta. So as I type this I'm chowing down on a nice bowl of Kelp Noodles topped with some fresh meat marinara sauce and sausages. It's dishes like this that will make the PB journey an easy one.
    Last edited by Meathead; 11-17-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast