Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to survive the IF page

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I've recently started adding a once a week 24 hour IF to my routine, mostly after my Friday or Saturday as this usually is a day where I will have a glass or more of alcohol or less healthy sources of meat or carbs. Come the next day I often find myself very hungry and my body raising an alarm - telling me I must eat or I won't be able to get anything done. I will end up eating by 12-2pm.

How do I make it 24 hours? Any suggestions?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Don't IF after a day of alcohol and carbs, then.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Chunster495 is offline Member

it gets easier the more you do it... if you can't complete 24 hours,... go for as long as you can and you'll find your hunger subsides and you no longer feel all that hungry the more you practice IF... also it's much easier to do when you're not eating too many carbs. Drink lots of water and the occasional black coffee and green tea can help as well.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

It definitely dies get easier. You just have to bear with the hunger. Enjoy it!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

When I first started fasting I was surprised that after the first initial hunger pangs, it was pretty easy. You just have to get over the hump, so to speak.

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city

I&#39;m by no means an IF-er, but I know I would have a hard time skipping meals on weekends or after alcohol consumption. The times I skip meals with regularity is on my super-busy weekdays. I find skipping breakfast to be easy, I can run errands or go for a walk (or work) all through lunch and, viola! I&#39;ve made it to dinner. Of course, this only works because I have a typical daytime/mon-fri type job.

Rozsa Guest

I get where you&#39;re coming from, wanting to restart after a rough weekend, but I&#39;ve found especially after too much sugar (whether in the form of alcohol, fruit, honey, fries..) IFing can be extra challenging, maybe waiting a few more days to let your weekend-induced cravings fade..

Or better yet, IF before the weekend if you know you&#39;ll end up getting beers with friends, and be realistic about if that&#39;ll lead to noshing.

I think this post has some great advice: http://paynowlivelater.blogspot.com/2009/12/three-day-binge-recovery-plan.html

(I&#39;ve been IFing for about a year, and I&#39;ve only made it past the 24 hour mark a dozen or so times, i usually last about 20-22) IFing for me is soo much easier when I&#39;ve been canivore for at least a week preceding, my hunger becomes much more widely spaced.

Just remember it&#39;s the overall sum of things, if you have a week with a bit extra food it&#39;s not going to reverse all the progress you&#39;ve made!

Try starting out with skipping just 2 meals here or there, don&#39;t forget: you&#39;re fasting when asleep, take advantage! try skipping dinner and next mornings breakfast, working out hard, snack for lunch and having a big dinner!

JustinKN is offline Junior Member

If you are eating the right foods then fasting will not be something you have to try at. These days I find it hard not to fast. If you&#39;ve been eating paleo/primal for a couple months and are consuming lots of animal fat (beef tallow and the like) you will be full for 18 hours or more. I&#39;d say just wait until it happens naturally, because doing it just because you&#39;re "supposed to" is silly.

Lord Giakoumis Guest

On all guys/gals that fast

Does any of you get somewhat extra cold during the fast or feels a little spaced out?These are symptoms that I almost get when fasting and they are somewhat annoying...On a side note,I believe that if I could do something like shopping,going for a walk it would help...Why I dont try it?Studying....

C Guest

I have done a lot of fasting even though I don&#39;t have any experience with primal (only day 2). I find it easier to fast following the moon phases - which gives you abt 4 days per month (new moon, full moon, first quarter moon, last quarter moon. I find absolutely no problem with doing a 24 or even 36 hour fast.

I only drink hot water during the fast (because I also feel cold easily).

According to my diary 30 Jan is the next day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast