Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Long-Term Feasibility page 2

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

thanks darienx. I think you're right that the term "allergic" can have a meaning that's tweaked to fit this situation.

And goodness knows that there are so many people with food allergies these days (hmm... let's think. Gluten and peanuts are the big things now. Think that tells us something?) that it wouldn't even be seen as less than ordinary.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Anonymous Guest

Elana's Pantry has a lot of mostly-primal recipes for various foods & deserts:

http://www.elanaspantry.com/

She generally uses Agave nectar as a sweetener, which isn't the best for you, but it's a start.

grandma is offline Member

I didn't raise Primal kids, but I did raise one with a milk allergy. It isn't a life threatening condition, it just aggravate some skin conditions. Invoking the allergy word works, but she also knew that she was to stay away from the ice cream and stuff and choose for herself when to have a 20% moment and she usually choose wisely or paid for it later.

Kids often seem to know instinctively what is right for them. Funny story, one time we were sitting around the dinner table (although we didn't do primal eating we did believe that meals were made at home from ingredients, not products, and were shared together) discussing what super-power we would each like to have. My son declared that he wanted to be butter-man and eat all the butter he wanted --- who knew he had that superpower all a long! (we never used margarine, but would some times chastise him for how much butter he used) LOL!

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Nick Guest

Sure, technically everyone is allergic to wheat. It has quite specifically evolved a cocktail of what are essentially mammalian-targeted pesticides. It does everything it can to inhibit your digestion of it and destroy your metabolism and make you sick. Humans are notoriously stubborn, though. Regardless, it's not even a little white lie.

thanks, Nick.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Rose is offline Member

Thanks Tarlach for sharing your experiences. I find it quite interesting as I will be adding to the family early next year. Any further detail on first foods for baby are welcomed.

marci Guest

FNW- I've been doing the PB for 14 weeks. I was a veg for 20 yrs prior (as I've mentioned on other threads) so this is quite a change. It's the way I eat now.

I do wonder how parents cope with raising healthy PB kids. My hubby & I don;t have any but our nieces & nephews eat grass fed beef & farm fresh produce when they visit. No complaints so far (but they do eat bread, since they are not my kids!)

marci, I'm not expecting complaints about it (as it's awesome food)... just mostly wondering about the social situations and things, especially them being at other kids' houses when they're very young.

I know a lot of the parents here automatically go to total crap food when they want "something special" for their kids... pizza rolls, corn dogs, that sort of thing.

Rose is offline Member

Thanks FlyNavyWife for the link. I think it would be much easier to start them off PB. I have a 14 yr old and she will go for the sugar at any opportunity she has.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast