Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girls and six-packs page 2

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    ahem, what I mean to say is, if you have what most would consider "nice" legs and ass you're probably fine, if both of those are rather skinny then maybe your friends are right.

I went to HS with a girl that always had visible abs, but she also had a superb lower body that was most decidedly not lacking fat.... ifyouknowwhatImean
    I agree.

No fat on abdomen does not mean no fat anywhere else. I just means you don't have a WHEAT BELLY. :P

Congratulations!

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    My guess is that if you do get pregnant, your body will take the necessary steps by increasing food cravings, storing more fat, etc.

If you're eating right, getting sensible exercise, and your body is functioning properly, I wouldn't worry about it.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    And luckily even if you're body fat IS low enough to cause fertility issues all you have to do (plus the guy obviously!) if you DO want to get pregnant later on is put on a bit of weight. Being too skinny to get pregnant doesn't cause you to become sterile. It just means your body is smart enough to know that you can't support a baby right now!

And yes I realize that your post wasn't directly about getting pregnant. But no you won't cause permanent damage to your body simply by being skinny. And having a 6 pack doesn't necessarily equal being to skinny anyway.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    If your cycle is normal, then you have nothing to worry about. If it isn't normal, you should be concerned and maybe talk to a doctor, but it isn't a certain sentence of infertility. Your body can recover from that just fine in most cases.

Women's body fat does tend to be higher than men's, but that doesn't preclude you from having a six-pack, depending on what your bodyfat actually is, and where it is carried.
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    But no you won't cause permanent damage to your body simply by being skinny. And having a 6 pack doesn't necessarily equal being to skinny anyway.
    And this ^

If you're worried, get it tested, but if you're still getting periods, I doubt it's an issue. If it is, it's easy to pack on a little more fat.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

elliottsmith is offline Senior Member
    Utter nonsense. Girls with six packs are not unhealthy. You'd need to have a body fat measurement to see how much your fat carrying, I think 18% BF for female and 11% for male is the ideal and most healthy ratio, base it on this rather than stomach fat. Your fat typically is on your boobs, bum and thighs anyway not your tummy. Males store fat on there belly's. Well done on the six pack BTW, nice work!

robf is offline Member
    Don't worry about it. Go look at the CrossFit Games videos and watch the women compete. They have abs showing and there is no doubt they are healthy, fit and strong.

<archer> is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the advice! Glad I don't have to worry about it anymore!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Muscles are sexy on women I think, and I long for a visible 6 pack, I can feel mine, but still have lots of fat over it.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Muscles are sexy on women I think, and I long for a visible 6 pack, I can feel mine, but still have lots of fat over it.
    what does it feel like? is it supposed to feel like small bumps under the fat? i am feeling for mine, and i have a lot of fat too, but i do not know if i have a six pack under this.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well I am just assuming its what I can feel LOL. Just the hardness when you tighten up your core. Hard to explain really, but I am gathering its muscle. (been working on my core for quite a while now).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast