Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Microkate's Primal Journal page 3

microkate is offline Member
    Shop Now
    185.5 again today. The baby slept all night! Well, until about 5:30, but that's my usual wakeup time anyway. I feel so refreshed, and I realized I probably haven't slept 8 hours at a stretch since sometime in the 2nd trimester.

Breakfast: coffee with whole milk, scrambled eggs, bacon
    Lunch: quick stir fry with sea spaghetti on the side

Barn time this afternoon!
    Last edited by microkate; 03-22-2012 at 09:55 AM.

While I suck at updating the journal, we've actually been staying on track with food! So yay for that, and it's time to add in exercise. I'm setting myself a challenge to do something active every day. Yesterday I went riding, then came home and worked on the garden. Today - we'll see!

I've been keeping up pretty well with staying active. Husband and I have been biking with the little one in a trailer, now that he's finally big enough. I make it to the barn 2-4 days each week, and I've been doing exercise videos on days that I can't get out of the house, even if it's just 10-15min.

My vegetable crate arrived today - butter lettuce, green onions, kale, cauliflower, tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, apples, cucumbers, snow peas, strawberries, raw honey, milk, and handmade smoked mozzarella. I need to do some menu planning and hit up the butcher for meat and the grocery store for a few things to fill it out.

Breakfast - Coffee with milk, kale sauteed in butter, 3 eggs, slice of smoked mozzarella.
    Lunch - Leftover coconut chicken curry with cauliflower rice
    Snack - Latte (whole milk, no sugar or flavoring)
    Dinner - Tarragon Chicken with mushrooms & greens, broccoli

Exercise - Barn time! Rode ~20min, W/T/C
    Last edited by microkate; 05-06-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Breakfast - sauteed kale, 2 eggs, slice of smoked mozzarella, chicken-apple sausage, coffee and milk
    Lunch - salad topped with lemon thyme chicken
    Snack - piece of dark chocolate
    Dinner - salad topped with chicken, bacon, and smoked mozzarella

Exercise - 30 min walk
    Last edited by microkate; 05-08-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Breakfast - bacon, kale/scrambled eggs/onion/smoked mozzarella, coffee with milk
    Lunch - Burger with avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion
    Dinner - Broiled salmon and leeks, sauteed zucchini
    Snacks - strawberries, carrot, dark chocolate

Exercise -Bike ride, ~15 min. The wee one can't handle being in a helmet for a long time yet, so our rides are short treks around the neighborhood.
    Last edited by microkate; 05-08-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Breakfast - Coffee and milk (woke up too late to cook breakfast)
    Lunch - Mexican restaurant - Chicken fajita salad
    Dinner - Salsa chicken over salad
    Snacks - Dark chocolate

Exercise - Riding lesson canceled due to thunderstorms. Need to dig out a video workout.

I've started using "Lose It!" to track what I'm eating and give me a realistic view of how my meals play out. For some reason, knowing that I'll have to input everything I eat makes me pay more attention. I also love that I can use it on my phone, so I don't have to wait until I get home to put it in.
    Last edited by microkate; 05-09-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Preggo!

Found out yesterday that I'm pregnant! Slightly earlier than expected - last month we stopped actively avoiding, but hadn't started actively trying - and there ya go. I shouldn't be too surprised. I carried my son to term with an IUD in, so I doubt I have any fertility problems. I'm only 5 weeks in, so we're not getting too excited yet. We'll consider it real around 8-10 weeks. This is definitely making me more determined to eat well and keep exercising though!

Breakfast - Coffee and milk, chicken and apple sausage, 2 eggs, kale, salsa
    Lunch -
    Dinner -

Exercise -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123