Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brand new and hoping for some guidance. page

serpent keeper is offline Junior Member

brand new and hoping for some guidance.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello all. My name is Alex and I am excited about beginning this journey. I am gearing up and want to jump in soon. I just received news that I will need reconstructive surgery on my ankle. This will interfere with my ability to work out drastically. My question then in a nutshell is, since my main goal is weight loss ( I need to lose over 100lbs.) is Primal still for me. Thanks so much for your feedback in advance.
    Alex

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Exercise is very important, but I personally think getting the nutrition right is going to be the biggest help, especially at first.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Exercise is very important, but I personally think getting the nutrition right is going to be the biggest help, especially at first.
    Diet is 80% of primal success. Get whatever exercise is recommended to you by docs or physical therapists. Heavier exercise can wait. Welcome and good luck.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thank you for your responses. I am glad to hear that I should go ahead with this lifestyle change. I'll keep checking in.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Changing your nutrition will also help in your recovery. Primal indeed is the way to proceed. Rock out with your Grok Out!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    There have been a few cases of people with pretty amazing surgery/broken bone recovery stories, because a Primal diet includes so many minerals your body needs to rebuild, and so few of the anti-nutrients that prevent your body from using those minerals.

Get the book and implement the food. Do your physical therapy as the doctor recommends and start walking as soon as you are cleared to do so. The rest of the fitness stuff can come later.

I am currently reading the book. Im trying to not jump ahead to get started right away. Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    exercise will help you get more fit and possibly stronger but it wont do much at all for your weight loss
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serpent keeper View Post
    I am currently reading the book. Im trying to not jump ahead to get started right away. Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.
    That's the way to go, glad you're doing it that way. Regarding how primal helps the body heal potentially faster, read this: The Doctor Told Me He Could Not Believe It | Mark's Daily Apple

at the amount of weight you need to lose you will experience most results strictly from how you eat, though I think exercise is important for general well being (and for fun, I adore a good workout) if you have more than 40lbs to lose, diet is everything.

Sam Jobs is offline Junior Member
    wow such a nice and good thread being continue here,,as well as also you are providing good info,,and i will must say its just due to yours all the efforts and hard work which can be seen here..good work,,good luck..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast