Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not getting sick while primal page

source99 is offline Junior Member

Not getting sick while primal

Shop Now
    Just curious if everyone that eats less than 50g of carbs per day never gets common colds or flu?

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    D3 is a much bigger factor than carb intake.

squigglywiggly is offline Senior Member
    I am onto my second nasty cold in 3 weeks - and I haven't had colds for years! I eat less than 25 grams of carbs. I am extremely deficient in D3 according to blood tests but was even in the years I didn't have colds LOL.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Wish I could say it was true for me, but I never really got them before either.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Believe it or not, getting sick is an indicator of a good immune system. It's not the germs that cause the symptoms, but your body's reaction to it. The stronger the reaction, the harder your body's working at getting rid of it. People who seemingly don't "get sick" often are being exposed to the same amount of germs, their body is just to weak to do anything about it.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Believe it or not, getting sick is an indicator of a good immune system. It's not the germs that cause the symptoms, but your body's reaction to it. The stronger the reaction, the harder your body's working at getting rid of it. People who seemingly don't "get sick" often are being exposed to the same amount of germs, their body is just to weak to do anything about it.
    Source?

Tneah is offline Senior Member
    I rarely ever got colds when I ate SAD or Primal. If I caught something, it lasted a day or two. These were in times where I was extremely stressed which always brings down my immunity. My kids are the same way as me, but hubby catches more bugs in a years time.

I didn't start taking D3 until about a month ago. My carbs are around 40-60. Once in a while higher.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Or their immune systems just kick ass.

I'm around dirt and filth all day, and as a kid I was encouraged to play in the dirt. Same thing with my kids. We just rarely get sick because we've been there, done that, already built up the immunity.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

shmee is offline Senior Member
    I've actually had a lingering cold for about 3 weeks. I've been clean primal for 6.5 weeks now.
    I do take D3 made with organic coconut oil, 6000 IU per day, every day, all winter. I start mid-September every year.
    Usually, colds and flu do not enter this house. I have two school aged children and I drive school bus. We had zero colds and zero flu last year.
    Perhaps, the primal diet is cleaning up certain immune system issues. OR I need to cut out the dairy as its more of a mucuous issue than a "cold".
    I digress... what was the question?
    Oh yah! Carb intake is about 60-75. Weekends is closer to 100. I feel good and I'm losing approx 2.5 lbs per week.
    Wow, I'm way off topic today. Nevermind, take the comment for what it is. blah blah blah...
    Last edited by shmee; 11-16-2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Start Weight: 265.8
    Current Weight: 234.4
    Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Or their immune systems just kick ass.

I'm around dirt and filth all day, and as a kid I was encouraged to play in the dirt. Same thing with my kids. We just rarely get sick because we've been there, done that, already built up the immunity.
    I suppose for antibodies that's the case. I guess what I said applies more for newly introduced bacteria.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast