Thread: Metabolic Typing page

smherold4 Guest

Shop Now

In the blog article Mark posted about Metabolic Typing and how it is a gimmick, there were some pretty well backed responses based on real life experiences. Some of these people were Chek practitioners. I have met one Chek practitioner and he also swears by the results of MT. After the responses the arguments for PB die out in the comments section. What gives? I would love to hear more debate on this topic.

smherold4 Guest

Anyone? Thanks

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Most people won't like your post because they either have not read up on metabolic typing, or because primal is working very well for them and most others they see.

I don't see why metabolic typing and primal can't blend, and I am actually a big advocator of both. I've also read nutrition and physical degeneration, pottenger's cats, and most of the books out there recommended by extremists on either side.

So pretty much 9 out of the 10 primal laws are the same among the two eating patterns/styles...

The one that is different, is that some people will do much better on carbs (I've personally seen this) and some people will do better on more fat/protein (also seen this). What is so hard to believe about that? We really all are different on the inside, can't argue that point. We also can't argue that the human species thrived on wholesome nutritious organic foods and barely any grains.

While I am an advocator of metabolic typing, I advocate no grains except certified organic sprouted. And even then that's a little far. I do advocate more fruit, veggies, ect... for those who seem to do better on carbs. It's actually still primal if you think about it.

Next up is the fast oxidizers... these are the people that do amazing on high fat high protein. I know people who could do an all meat diet for the rest of their life and feel amazing (most likely). Can't do that with a "carb" type.

Mixed is pretty self explanatory, the people who just like a balance, or the people who consistently rotate between the two. Some of these people would throw up if they ate something heavy like meat at breakfast, but thrive on a light protein like eggs, with fruit, veggies... and then at dinner time they would love to just eat steak and butter.

I just honestly don't see the argument. You can't argue people's results, and no matter what any diet says, you need to listen to your individual needs (provided they are your needs and not that of a fungus or parasite). Most MT advisors (the ones I pay attention to) do not advocate gluten, non-raw dairy, ect...

So after this people are going to throw up studies saying Im the devil for advocating carbs haha, ect... But in the end you need to do what works best for you, and if you are a health practitioner, your client. I will say that I always push no grains(except sprouted), no dairy (unless raw), certified organic foods, and the other 9 or so primal laws.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

smherold4 Guest

Thanks for the post. I agree with Mark that all the expensive testing is kind of shady. Primal pretty much eliminates the need to test because it says no to a lot of the foods that in MT cause problems anyways.

What do you think of Chek?

Asturian is offline Senior Member

I just got a book on Mt by Wolcott and Fahey. I have not had a chance to read it yet, as I have a few others in the queue ahead of it. I have an ever growing library that is getting harder to keep up wth. But it does keep me off the streets at night and out of trouble

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Haha herold Im kind of byist as I've been learning from CHEK for a long time now, going to the institute this summer actually. I guess I can still have an opinion though, and that is that the guy is pure genius. Just my opinion though.

Asturian, the Metabolic typing diet is a good read, pretty much sums everything up and more.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com