Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snacking page

ErinF is offline Senior Member

Snacking

Ok I think I finally have this figured out. Maybe. So I'm trying to eat 1600 calories a day and regardless of how I eat (more fat) I can't seem to fit that many calories into each meal so I'm having to eat a snack every day to get the full 1600. I've decided that when I eat below this I don't lose weight. If I eat only three meals a day I end up so full that I feel kind of gross afterward. Because of that I'm having to break up the 1600 calories into 4 meals. Is adding in that extra meal a bad idea?

I've been tracking calories so I can figure out where everything I eat is going (fats, protein, carbs) and so far I'm good on protein and below 75g carbs, should I just add in more fat?

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    Try IF's if u havent, im sure with it u can eat a lot more in one sitting and less often times.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

jay_fm is offline Member
    I am in the same boat and would love to know what people think. It is really hard for me to eat 500+calories per meal and not feel way bloated but when eating only 3 meals I don't feel like I am eating enough calories and I do not lose weight when I go too low. I am thinking of doing 4 meals.
    Pre-Primal SW: 161
    CW- 150
    Goal 120ish

jay_fm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chochobo View Post
    Try IF's if u havent, im sure with it u can eat a lot more in one sitting and less often times.
    I have tried this and I still can't eat that much in one sitting. I was skipping breakfast and just doing a big lunch and dinner but it didn't work for weight loss and I was still hungry.
    Pre-Primal SW: 161
    CW- 150
    Goal 120ish

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    its hard for me to say cause im male but u can easily go over 500+ calories in one sitting u just gotta eat more calorie densed foods. like avocado, fattier meat, eat a few more eggs, throw in some extra butter on ur veggies. could be ur feeling bloated cause of the veggies some are harder to digest than others. also maybe dont drink any liquids 30min before u eat or during, it will fill u up faster.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I would guess that adding more fat would be a bad idea and I'm not a fan of snacking at all. I'd say add some primal healthy carbs if you just feel the need to up your calories a bit.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Snacking isn't ideal. Eating until you're full isn't either. Maybe you need to find a better combination of foods that keep you satisfied, but not full, and still eating enough. And if you go under one or two days, you'll probably be hungrier the next day and make up for it-getting 1600 calories every day isn't necessary.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    Snacking isn't ideal. Eating until you're full isn't either. Maybe you need to find a better combination of foods that keep you satisfied, but not full, and still eating enough. And if you go under one or two days, you'll probably be hungrier the next day and make up for it-getting 1600 calories every day isn't necessary.
    What's wrong with eating until you're full?
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    What's wrong with eating until you're full?
    If you feel physically "full" than you've eaten too much. There's a difference between eating until full, and eating until satisfied. Not to mention, the OP stated that she felt gross after eating until full-that's never a good thing.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you take your total daily calories and divide it up into 3 meals but that amount of food makes you feel overstuffed and gross, well then, maybe it is time to re-think the total number of calories. Now that you are fat burning adapted, you may not need as many as before because your body makes up the deficit from your storage (the stuff you want to get rid of).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast