Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me overcome a plateau page

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member

Help me overcome a plateau

Shop Now
    for 2 weeks or so now ive gone from 237-240 ... up and down ... usually 237-238 .. im remaining 98% PB ... save for an occasional bite of 85% chocolate (approx 1 square a week) .. i realize its not all about weight, but its important to me .. and im not shrinking but staying the same weight either ..

i realize that i couldnt possibly maintain a weight loss like i was seeing in the start .. but i do expect to keep losing because obviously i have more weight that needs to go, and plenty more fat ..

i still am not really excercising more than walking ... but i have surgery coming up next month and i want to slim down some before that for fear of losing track after .. i had a goal of 220 by jan 1st which should still be possible .. but i need to figure this out and get past it ..

i havent changed my eating really .. other than giving up nuts .. although i did used to eat only green veggies .. broccoli, greens, etc .. and now i eat some cauliflower, carrots, etc..

average day (i work until 8pm at night hence the late dinner:

breakfast (7-8am)- bacon and eggs .. 2 strips, 2 eggs .. sometimes another meat but about the same portion
    lunch (1-2pm)- 6-8oz meat (ground beef, pork chop, etc) .. 6 oz veggies in coconut oil usually
    dinner (830-9pm) - (i only eat dinner 50-60% of the time) ... same as lunch

sometimes i think my body is SO used to the same old things that its basically honed itself to burn them quickly and sustain my current weight .... BUT .. i should be dropping i would think..

also i tried to eat some carbs last week .. sweet potatoes, in an effort to up my carb intake and boost my metabolism a little .. some friends had suggested this .. didnt fare well with my chrons, so that idea went out the door (could be open to other carbs if this is the answer) .. but those numbers skewed my carb averages .. i was averaging 25g or so a day only ..

here is my fitday for the last 3-4 weeks daily averages (i realize fitday isnt the favorite, but i like it and i adjust thing by making my own dishes to keep it pretty darn accurate..

im 6'1" and 238lbs today ..

Grams Calories %-Cals
    Calories 2,003
    Fat 116.5 1,048 53 %
    Saturated 37.7 339 17 %
    Polyunsaturated 16.9 152 8 %
    Monounsaturated 47.1 424 21 %
    Carbohydrate 36.2 137 7 %
    Dietary Fiber 8.8
    Protein 188.9 795 40 %
    Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

IDEAS?

thanks guys/gals ....
    Last edited by touchdowntodd; 11-15-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

otzi Guest
    In the words of the famous paleo prime (beef) minister, Grokston Churchill, "Never, never, never give up!"

oh have no fear .. NEVER giving up ...

ps - I like that .. Grokston Churchill

otzi Guest
    I have been at this for 11 months now. I started at 225 (5'10, 46yo, M). Dropped to 190 in about 2 months, then to 180 after another 2 months. I'm finally down to 172, so as you see, the closer you get to where you want to be, the harder it is to lose the weight. I'm hoping to get under 170 by January and eventually to 160. But, I'm really happy with what I'm eating and have a really good exercise program going.

Mark has a lot of good stall busting tricks in the main part of his blog. The one that worked best for me was IFing from 6pm til 11am daily with no snacks outside those hours.

ive looked at those as well .. i definetley expect things to get tougher. . but at the same time im 40lbs away from even being near skinny .. so i was thinking it would keep coming off at 1-3lbs a week ..

edited to add times for meals

Selchie21 is offline Junior Member
    When my weight loss stalled I added in hill sprints once a week. I don't spend any more than about 5-10 min doing it, but It works very well for me.

just bumping for more opinions

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I have no experience with this, but perhaps as you have shrunk your required protein amount has also shrunk?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    I would try the sprints a couple of times per week if you can manage it. Plus a couple of times some kind of weights - be it at the gym or at home. Need to get that energy out into exercise so can start losing again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast