Thread: Primal Journal for AprilS page

AprilS is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal for AprilS

Well I just found out about Primal eating a little over a week ago and decided to give it a try. I used last week to "practice" and lost 7 lbs! So today I am starting the 21 day transformation. Figured I'd have better luck keeping my journal on here than writing it down.

Day 1:

B: 3 egg scramble and a small apple

L: mixed green salad with a walnuts, sunflower seeds, black olives and cranberries. Splash of olive oil and vinegar for dressing. 1/2 cup steamed broccoli and a grilled chicken breast. (Nice to know it is easy to eat primal in my school cafeteria!)

S: Almonds

D: eggs and 2 strips bacon (I know that seems like a lot of eggs in one day....but the family wanted "breakfast for dinner". So I had the bacon and eggs and skipped the pancakes that the rest of them were having.

S: Dark chocolate bar and black tea.

Exercise:

My challenge today was to add two instances of "moving slowly more often" today. I made sure to take the stairs at school (three flights). I also tried to take breaks from long stretches of sitting. I could defiantly do more...but that'll come.

Thoughts:
    So far it has been really easy to transition into Primal eating/lifestyle. Granted a large part of that is having a very supportive family which makes it much easier. Even though I can't completely clean out the cupboards of all non-primal foods, but the family has been really good about not stocking foods that would just be too much of a temptation.

Oh....and I treated myself to the dark chocolate. It was a planned treat...and I enjoyed it.
    Last edited by AprilS; 11-15-2011 at 07:39 PM.

AprilS is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 2:

B: scrambled eggs, two sausage patties, apple, black tea

L: I wasn't hungry...so I decided to not worry about it until I was hungry.

S: about 10 almonds

D: 1/4 of a spaghetti squash and homemade meat sauce. (The kids loved this too!)

Exercise:

Well I parked at the end of the parking lot at school, took the stairs, and had a brief 10 minute walk between two of my classes. I need to figure out other ways to fit in more movement. Since going back to college this has been hard for me to accomplish.