Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 9

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah winencandy, I have read your journal and quite relate to a lot of it. Especially the wine and chocolate!

So far today the only think I have eaten is a poor-man's bulletproof coffee and a small can of salmon and a hard-boiled egg (from China, died red, maybe it will kill me. It's some kind of ritual for new fathers to hand them out so I dared myself to eat it). I'm hungry for dinner now and will eat it soon. Leftovers. I may go to the store tomorrow and get better bulletproof coffee ingredients and try doing bulletproof coffee and cans of salmon next week and see what happens.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Yesterday for dinner I baked a half chicken and served it with green beans and mashed celery root. I have never had celery root before. It is delicious! All I did was cube it, steam it until soft, then mashed it. Put butter on it. The half chickens I get are really good too. I get them from the same farm that sells the grass-fed beef I get, Dey-Dey's. I think their chicken is even better than their beef.

I think my sex life is starting to wake up after all these years. I had a hysterectomy in 2005 due to fibroids and haven't felt anything since. When I started this diet I found a website that recommended 4 tablets of potassium iodide a day for a month, then reduce to 2 a day for a year. I haven't been able to find that website again, but I did followed the protocol. I've been taking 2 a day for a few months now. I slacked off for a while recently because they are expensive and it's just easy to forget. I also eat seaweed as a snack sometimes. I've been trying to be more diligent after seeing that thread on iodine where there's a movie from a doctor. In the movie the doctor says that you need iodine for sex hormones and that a symptom of being deficient (of many symptoms) is fibroids. Doh! Oh well, I'm really happy I don't menstruate anymore. What a pain that was. But maybe that was my problem all along and the supplementation is helping.

I still had some cream left. I tried but couldn't eat all of it yesterday. So my experiment to go without cream starts tomorrow.

Today I made bulletproof coffee with ghee and coconut oil. Tasted good. I also ate my breakfast instead of packing it for later. I need a small thermos for carrying hot foods if I want to bring my breakfast for later. I had lamb sausage, the last of my Hericium mushrooms and 2 eggs. My boyfriend will be away this evening so maybe I'll eat a smaller than usual dinner. Maybe the rest of the lamb sausage.

Today I put bakers chocolate in my bulletproof. Pretty good.

I took a walk around 1:30 in the warm sun. It was such a nice day. I wore sandals with bare feet. Felt delightful. I felt a little sore from my core fitness class yesterday but I noticed my leg muscles seem stronger and more defined. Maybe my stomach jiggled less, too.

Ugh. I ate half a duck last night. I lay awake in the middle of the night. Too much duck! I really thought I could do it. I was 3/4 of the way through and I was like oh no, this is way too much, but there's so little left so I ate all the rest. So this morning I skipped breakfast and went for a good hard hike. No hunger, but I did eat some nuts at the summit. I feel fine now and pretty hungry, too.

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Duck is so good, but so rich. Way to go with your IF and long hike to deal with your over-fullness.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Thank you.

After the hike I had some sweet potatoes and then for dinner I had some more sweet potatoes with my dinner. I guess that's my version of a "carb refeed". We'll see if it helps. I felt a lot of energy after dinner, like I could go running or something. And during the hike I could tell my core fitness class has had a positive effect.

My boyfriend has been diagnosed with ocular rosacea. He doesn't eat primal, but he's not against a healthy diet. He just believes healthy is low fat, whole grains and all that sort of thing. So now he's researching rosacea diets and they're so contradictory. There's the low fat whole grains kind of stuff. There's avoid Vitamin D and fish oil. There's get lots of fish oil. There's avoid all hot things, temperature and spices. There's a list of peppery spices that are good for rosacea. There's avoid nightshades. Then there's peppers and tomatoes are good. There's lots of people who are paleo who have seen no relief and a few who have. They all seem to agree to avoid alcohol but some say certain kinds are okay. There's taking antibiotics for the rest of your life. Honestly, nobody has a clue. It all seems confounded by the different kinds of rosacea. I guess the acne kind responds well to paleo and the other kind doesn't seem to respond to anything and nobody knows anything about ocular rosacea. So now my house is in turmoil because he won't eat something one minute and the next he will because he read on the internet it's okay. He never liked my new diet anyway but he was starting to accept it and now that's all out the window.

This morning my pants seemed really loose. These ones used to feel really tight. I decided to weigh myself. Last time I weighed myself it said 138 but I was naked. This time I was fully clothed and wearing shoes and it said 138. Perhaps my weight is finally moving down again. Half a duck and all.

It's wierd but my waist isn't any thinner but I swear it feels like my belt hurts my hip bones now.

My special chocolate bulletproofs are turning out to be a good thing. The chocolate makes them stay mixed together and tastes really good. I don't need to eat breakfast. It's not a fast, exactly, because I'm taking in somewhere between 200 and 400 calories, but it leaves me feeling like I'm fasting. It feels like I'm getting the same beneficial feelings I get when I IF, the focus, the energy, the clarity. Plus lately I just feel super fantastic. It could be the reduction in dairy, since I make the coffees with ghee instead of butter. I don't know.

Bulletproof coffee, workout at lunch, and I'm hungry now. Time for some sardines.

Someone suggested the bulletproof executive describe bulletproof intermittent fasting and that it sounds like what I've been doing lately. Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting | The Bulletproof Executive

I've been doing this a little more half-assed than what he suggests. My coffee is decaf fair-trade (and then usually later I'll have a full-strength flavored drip brew with half-and-half) with ordinary coconut oil, non-grass-fed ghee (blue jar with cow on label) and fair-trade unsweetened chocolate. But the results are exactly how he describes. I feel alert and healthy, not hungry. I can exercise and usually eat after. Sometimes I can't go all the way until 2pm without eating but I eat as late as I can. I can't explain how great this makes me feel.

I've lost weight, too. I'm sure I have. I don't use a scale very often, but my pants are all getting ridiculous. This latest pair that I put on today I'm thinking I'm going to have to sew some alterations to eek out a little more time with them. My exercise pants started scooting off yesterday when I was doing sit-ups. My Pacific Crest Trail hiking pants that I couldn't even wear a few months ago were loose this weekend. I measured my waist and it was 29.5 this morning. I think it's time for another picture to compare. That means I have to clean my room. Ugh. There's a huge project strewn all over the floor.

Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast