Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 80

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I agree. It's one thing to have a shitty job, it's another to take it out on your partner. We have a rule at our place--it's okay to rant or to be upset about stuff, but it's not okay to make your partner suffer because your day sucked.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Also, if you were here, I'd totally hang out at the gym with you and then make up a big ol' roast for Christmas Eve dinner. Sorry you're going to be alone.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    A roast sounds really good. I've never made a real roast in the oven. Just tossed chuck roasts in the crock pot. Not quite the same thing. It would be nice to have a lady friend for the gym. I don't mind the Christmas Eve alone thing. We're both off work for the entire week so we'll see enough of each other. He's going to hang with his adult step-son.

He's never going to get his head out of his ass. This is the way I'm thinking for now: He's 62 and he might get fired soon, at least he thinks he might. I've started the process to add him to my health insurance as a domestic partner. Kind of my way of saying hey, thanks for helping me out all these years, now let me help you out. You can get fired now and it won't matter. You can retire if you want or go find a lower-paying job with less pressure. Whatever you need to do, you'll have a cushion.

Once we're sure that the health insurance/domestic partner thing has been set up and all that, I'm going to tell him he better solve his job situation problem pronto. This all complaining and no action thing is not going to work.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

On another issue, I'm considering adding Leida to my ignore list. Her self-hatred and body image bullshit is really bothering me lately.

Christmas Eve: Pork shoulder butt roast with a rosemary, sage and cardamom rub. Carmelized onions, white potato, cauliflower and broccoli.

Christmas Day: Turkey breast which I roasted sitting upon a pile of sweet Italian sausage. So very delicious. Also, a garnet yam sliced and coated with butter and cinnamon and baked, an acorn squash smeared with olive oil and sea salt and baked, and Brussels sprouts cut up and pan fried in bacon.

I feel confident that if I had to cook for other people not only could I do it, but I would make them very happy. I think that's probably one of the best outcomes of this whole way of eating. I can actually cook and the food is exceedingly nourishing and delicious.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    A lovely dinner indeed, sb. Your culinary ventures have truly evolved, and I think anyone would be happy to eat at your table.

I can relate to your thoughts about frustration about some posts about self hatred and body image loathing. I don't comment on those threads as there seems to be no getting through. It's sad, really.

Merry Christmas to you.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    On another issue, I'm considering adding Leida to my ignore list. Her self-hatred and body image bullshit is really bothering me lately.
    Yeah, I tried to help her for a while and even tried to defend her against people saying she has an eating disorder and such but it does get to a point where enough is enough. She has problems and she doesn't seem to want help. She wants to whine and wallow. It does get old.

Speaking of whining and wallowing, sounds like the bf is being a bit of an energy black hole lately. Don't let yourself get sucked in.

Cheer up. The solstice is past and the days are getting longer.

Thank you everybody.

My new tactic is to try to do all the Primal Blueprint fitness suggestions: sprint once in a while, lift heavy now and then, lots of slow movement, sunshine and plenty of sleep. We'll see if I can manage to do all of it without killing myself.

The other thing to try is high carb, high O-3 fat, adequate protein. Not really high carb, just not low carb. Not really high fat, just all the fat I do eat trending toward O-3 or at least coconut oil.

I bought two tubs of grassfed beef tallow to help with this. Yesterday I cooked a plantain and a few slices of sweet potato in beef tallow for my lunch. Today I had a grassfed beef steak spread over two meals plus mushrooms and greens cooked in tallow. We'll see what happens with that. The object is to use O-3 fat over other kinds of fat. I remember my veterinarian saying that my poor bird who has fatty tumors needed more Omega 3 and that if I gave it to her, it would melt her fat off (it didn't, but I wasn't very consistent with giving it to her.)

So far I felt more cheerful today and had that clarity of mind like I get when I go keto. But that could be the sprinting I did this afternoon, or just finally being all rested up thanks to the holiday.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hi there
    I just read your whole journal. Hope you relationship stops being so stressful soon. Men hey!
    My husband took a while to want to change to primal, but when we first did it, I just said you eat what I cook, and you can eat what you like away from home, as I didn't want our children to eat that stuff, but he has carried on eating this way away from home.
    I feel amazing when in ketosis and eating more fat. I have so much energy.
    I too am short like you, but weigh 100 lbs more than you, so I have a long way to go.
    Your hikes sound amazing, id love to do stuff like that some day.

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980