Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 78

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Yup, heavy squats and DLs make me feel like I'm going to pass out right after I'm done. It's ok.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I start to see the world get wiggly and black just standing there before the squats. But I agree, holding my breath probably has something to do with it. I might go down too fast, too.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Nailed it in the gym today. Was able to increase my weights by 5lbs on squat and bench and on both I tossed in an extra set with an additional 2.5lbs. I felt great.

I was able to increase weight again in the gym yesterday. I was also able to video myself for some form checks. I guess I do the press completely wrong. I will go in today and try to practice it.

I'm pretty bummed my waist has increased by an inch and a half. I hope it will come off again. My belly area feels very hard and tight but it's round and the added inches are fat, definitely. My appetite has decreased quite a bit lately so maybe I can get the extra fat off without hurting my strength-building.

I'm up to 8 pushups. A month and a half ago I couldn't do any pushups.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    BZ on the pushups..... thats nautical signal flag talk for Good Job!

Mushroom hunting season has begun here in my area. I found these delicious Hericium ramosums. This is one of the tastiest mushrooms I've ever found.

Also found some Boletes, but I'm not sure what kind they are exactly. Might be edible, might not. I won't eat anything I'm not sure is edible.

No Chanterelle's yet, but soon.

Those Hericiums were the finest tasting mushrooms ever. We had them for dinner with lamb and an acorn squash.

I got a spore print on these so I think I identified them as Boletus dryophilus or Oak-Loving Bolete. Gonna have a nice omelet for breaky.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I see your posts frequently and relate to a lot of them. I am interested in taking my primal weight loss to the next level and seeing what kind of fitness I can achieve as a 48 year old arthritic woman. I'd like to start some weight lifting, but will have to go slowly as most of my joints are toast. Congratulations on all your progress.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have serious mushroom envy. We're under a few feet of snow now, so no fresh wild mushrooms for quite a while yet!

Awesome pushups. Yay!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal