Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 72

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I'm super sore today from those squats.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Yesterday I learned the single-leg squat. Now I'm super sore on my butt.

I'm on my own now to just work on my program. Hopefully I will improve and get strong.

Did I mention I was sore? Oh my god I'm so sore. I took a walk down to the goodwill store and on the way back, I was even more sore. I had to jog part of the way just to give my butt muscles a bit of a rest. Those single-legged squats killed me.

Hi, Piper!

I too, began lifting a couple of months ago and I was so sore that I could barely move for a couple of days afterwards!

After a bunch of research I found that glutamine powder at a rate of one tablespoon twice per day, combined with a product called Super Chain (By Syntrax) totally stopped all the soreness. Really!

The glutamine powder helps your body recover quickly from exercise, preventing muscle tissue loss and maximizing the bodies production of Human Growth Hormone.
    Read more: What Is Glutamine Powder? | eHow.com What Is Glutamine Powder? | eHow.com

The Super Chain is a BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acid) which reduces muscle breakdown and increases muscle growth, plus greatly enhances the recuperative process. Super Chain by Syntrax: Lowest Prices at Muscle & Strength

Hoosier
    Heaviest: 1-22-2012 = 203 lbs, of being skinny fat, beginning PB
    Current: = 182 lbs. 14% body fat.
    Goal: 175 lbs. was made in April 2013.

Well, tomorrow I'll get me some branched chain amino acids after my workout in the form of a big huge steak. Ah yeah.

I ran today for an hour and a half. It was really super hot today, just like summer. I did some planks. I'm still a tiny bit sore but tomorrow I won't be sore at all.

Well, I didn't sleep much at all last night. But I still went to the gym today. Boy was it crowded. I guess those dark mornings had been keeping people away. I hope that once they adjust to the time change they'll all disappear again.

I've decided to split up my workout plan into the important, compound lifts and the lesser stuff. I'll do the compound lifts first and the other stuff later or maybe even on other days if I run out of time or something. And for getting myself to progress, what I'll do is do the 3x8 sets/reps but when it gets easy, I'll put more weight on and do 3x5 rather than do 3x10 or 12.

Eventually when I feel pretty confident and strong and feel a need for a change, maybe I'll do a formal/simplified program like strong lifts.

Woo hoo I did two real pushups today! Yay!

Greg0ory is offline Junior Member
    I will try on Wednesday to go without lunch and dinner, but if I'm hungry for dinner I will eat it.

The man asked me tonight, "Why do your legs look so good lately?" I replied, "It's the weight lifting." He said, "And they're really tan, too." "That's from running."

Last time I squatted 60lbs and benched 50, but nearly dropped it on myself. I hope I can squat more. I hope I can do more reps on the bench. Military press I'm stuck at 30lbs because they don't have a 35lb or 40lb barbell and I can't do 45lbs yet. I'd like to try to deadlift one of these times. Maybe I could just deadlift the fixed barbells, if I can get them off their stupid racks.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My breakfast, post-workout.

I don't see a need for whey powder.

I did real deadlifts today. Woo hoo! Gotta read the book on them again. I could feel numerous ways these could go wrong.

Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast