Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 67

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    @Julie, I'm Irish, so I am pretty well adapted to potatoes, maybe I digest them fast? I'm also pretty sure I should've eaten more than I have been. I have 10 oz, three times a day.

Funny, before going Primal coffer never bothered my sleep, even in the evening. Now it does.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I weighed myself this afternoon. I'm now at 135lbs. I hope it's just water weight.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

patski is offline Senior Member
    Julie,

Happy belated birthday

Mine was on the 8th. It's my birthday parTAY today. I'm gonna eat good food, drink, and eat egg/dairy-free fucking cake, and it's going to be awesome. Wifey picked out the design and message. I'm really interested in what it is!

Don't slit your wrists, or I'll be really pisssssssssssedddddd!

I <3 you.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

The Fiddlers convention was yesterday. I spent the whole day playing my fiddle. I went to a workshop and learned a cool modal tune. I drank two beers and had to wait a long time before I felt I could drive my Vespa home. Then I made bacon-wrapped hot dogs with fried peppers and onions which are oddly a very popular Mexican street food item. No bun on mine, though. The combination of beer then bacon was a man's dream come true but only made me gassy and feel like it was waaayyy too much fat to eat at one time.

I can't decide what I should do. I got cards from people who teach music lessons. I've been considering taking a lesson now and then. But I've also been considering hiring a trainer to teach me how to lift weights. Not sure if I should do either one. There really isn't much wrong with my endomorph body if I appreciate it for what it is, and the fiddling is progressing even without lessons.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Well here's a vote for the music lesson. I still take guitar lessons from time to time. My guitar playing has improved from horrid to awful and in my quest for mediocrity I make incremental, if glacial progress.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Ha ha. Horrid to awful. Yeah, my fiddling has gone from "hey are you killing a cat in there?" to "sounds almost like music."

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    SB, what would make you happiest? Music lessons or hiring a personal trainer?

If you're happier fiddling, that might lower your cortisol and make it easier to lose weight.

I wish I could do some sort of music! My mom was a concert pianist but I sorely disappointed her in my efforts to learn... I was always intimidated by the size of the piano (we had two grand pianos) and her ability to play. I do have a great appreciation for all kinds of music, and even listed to classical music when I was a teen.

My hubby plays baritone sax, and one of our Golden Retrievers sings along with him (the dog is very melodious!) Someday, when I'm retired and have the time, I may try to learn to play cello. They come in smaller sizes, and I just love the way they sound!

I think I've decided I would rather do the weight training. I know the guy who gave me his card and honestly, my impressions of him have always been he likes to impress you with his repertoire more than he has skill to teach. If some other opportunity came up to take a lesson, I might take it. But I think I would get a lot more out of having someone teach me how to lift weights properly.

I think I've got the weight lifting thing figured out. I wasn't sure how I could fit it into my day. I'm finding it fairly easy to get up at 5:30 even in the darkness. I think the gym at work opens at 6. So I could easily just do it before work. Or I could just as easily do it after work or take an hour in the middle of the work day. I really only need to go once or twice a week anyway. They have personal trainers there. They're a little expensive but I feel intimidated to just show up and not know how to use the equipment or really anything about gym culture. I don't seem disciplined to do body weight stuff on my own.

In other news, I got a spoofed email that appeared to be from Linkedin and I stupidly clicked on the button and was directed to some phishing site or something. I'm probably screwed now. I hate computers sometimes. And feel like an idiot, too, because the url I got directed to was some ip address and the page was ensure_numb_engineers.php. Okay, so maybe at 5:30 am I'm not fully awake yet. Anyway, I'm not going to be logging in to etrade anytime soon or buying anything from this computer ever again. Time for a new computer.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Julie, I've been away from MDA for a while - happy belated birthday and good luck with the training!

I've been suffering caffeine intoxication from using my french press and drinking coffee straight up. Doesn't feel good.

I contacted the trainer and I'm going to meet with her on Friday for my first weight lifting instruction. When I stopped by the gym yesterday to see if I could get a copy of the paperwork in advance, I was shocked to see so many people running on treadmills and stuff like that. It was a gorgeous, hot day. We are by the beach. You could run on the beach or there are trails on the bluffs and a nice bike path with a big dirt path on the side for running and walking. But they were all inside and it was about 20 degrees hotter in there. That doesn't make sense to me.

Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast