Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 66

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm trying it too. I cooked two pounds this AM. I poured a little broth over the breakfast spuds. My stomach has been discussing this choice with me all morning, but beyond that, no problems. I'm a bit hungry 3 hours later, but not distractingly so.

If the scale goes down in the AM, I'll do it another day. I totally agree with you about shaking things up from time to time.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    OMG, dude, it like totally rained here last night and this morning.

We even got ONE lightning and ONE bout of thunder... just one of each, then the storm
    completely stopped and now it's just rain-cloudy out there, but no rain.

So watch out, it could TOTALLY BE COMING FOR YOU!

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

There, scared? Thought not.

Hey, I'm doing the potato thing too... tee hee!

Not as balls out as JUST potatoes, but yesterday at 12pm I made myself a disgusting
    green juice (kale, spinach, cucumber, red leaf lettuce and 1 tomato - juiced,
    not blended), though it was tasty to me (i like things that taste like dirt and
    grass) for the noooooootrients and then I baked up 10oz of potato wedges in
    the oven.

Curiously mine came out VERY crispy.... which they really always do, but that one dude
    in the potato thread was crying about HIS not coming out crunchy unless he used oil...
    Mine were fine.

ANYWAY, ate those (they were hard to finish cuz i got full), and I'll be dipped in shit, but
    you know what? I was full off those and the stupid green juice until 7pm, wherupon I made
    some sweet potato wedges - just one sweet potato, and that thing kept me full the rest of the
    night.

Okay, for one, I am a glutton, so for that to make me feel as full as it did, was uncanny.

I'm not getting all pro-potato here, but I DO think that switching things up for a few days works
    for sure.

I was full on keto for a month - but the problem there is that everything is so damn TASTY, that FATTY
    here can't STOP EATING the tastiness, so, er, nothing was happening really...

But add in a few potato days and I'm down 2lbs, when I've been stalled at the same weight for 4 months?

Whatever.

I'm not going to get all giddy about it just yet, I was just happy that the potatoes were so damn boring
    that I didn't want to eat my weight in them, but they were tasty too - and I got so bloated and
    FULL feeling afterwards, that I didn't FEEL like more, *or* anything else..... Which I usually do when
    we're sitting around watching TV. Even when I'm not hungry.

Not last night. Hell no.

So, whatever!

Okay, I'm so totally done filling up your journal with my idle rhetoric.

You have fun on your potato venture and if The Man Unit gives you any flack, lock him
    in a closet or something.

Julie

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    We even got ONE lightning and ONE bout of thunder... just one of each, then the storm
    completely stopped and now it's just rain-cloudy out there, but no rain.
    lol! I got so excited when that happened! And then it stopped Boo.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    On my way into work yesterday some of the roads were soaking wet, but I never saw any of the rain. The clouds were pretty, though. My boyfriend --er, the Man Unit-- got this cool app on his phone that takes time lapse photos and he got a really pretty one at sunrise with all the clouds moving.

I might see what happens with two days a week of potatoes. Eating just potatoes with salt or mustard on them is not a hardship at all.

Been drinking my coffee black. It's pretty good black. A French press makes damn good coffee.

I wouldn't expect to see any permanent weight loss even if I ate only potatoes for 7 days. I think maybe I really truly am at the lowest weight my own body can be. It would be worth a shot to try it for 7 days, but I suspect, based on how dang hungry I am this morning, that after a few days of potatoes I'd be eating at least 5lbs a day, maybe more, and CICO would become an issue. Perhaps this would be a good test for that whole "food reward" issue.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Yeah, last night we went fishing with the boys and it thundered and lightninged on us again... which
    was a little sketchy cuz we were out there with fishing poles... but, the lighting wasn't right over us.

Yesterday morning at 7am I got some really cool PINK CLOUD pictures with my cell phone.

Very odd because usually you see that at 5pm, or around sunset time. NEVER in the early morning
    like that.

Kinda creeped me out. All still outside, and, um, pink.

So, on the potato front - yes, you are SO RIGHT with the whole food reward thing. Potatoes are
    tasty good, but boring as hell, so, you stop eating basically when you tire of chewing.

I don't know what's going on with MY old lady body, but like I said, I've been stuck at the
    same weight for 4 months or so.

I've been doing zero or low carb, on and off, since 1996.... In 2007 something broke and even a
    deficit whilst eating very low carb didn't do jack SHIT. And I was weight training 3 days a week
    and cardio on the other days.

Then summer rolled around and I said f*ck it, and started eating about 2lbs of cherries a day.

The weight started falling off. Seriously, it was so crazy whack I couldn't explain it. Went from
    119 to 113 in about 2 weeks. What?

So now, with being zero carb or very low carb, and in a deficit, and not seeing jack crap once again,
    then venturing on the potato thing (and I'm not even doing JUST potatoes), I'm down another pound from
    yesterday's loss of 2lbs.

And, get this: I'm not even in a deficit. AND, since this is my "birthday month" (i milk it for all it's
    worth... today is my actual birthday), the past 4 days that I've been eating potatoes here and there,
    I've also been eating at least 5 pieces of my favorite birthday See's candies, resulting in about 400
    calories of sheer SUGAR, bringing the days' totals up to about 1900 calories... yet, still losing....

WHAT-E-VER!

So, who knows, maybe for some, keto DOES have a depressing effect on the metabolism, or thyroid, or
    whatever you want to call it.

I have no idea, but what I *do* know, is that my cell phone in my back pocket, is pulling my FAT pants down
    around my hips, when they used to be, um, yeah, snug.

Whatever it is, I'll take it.

I'll be very interested to see what happens with your 2 day experiment!

Here is a pic of the pink sky yesterday:

Pretty! Yesterday in the morning the sky was pink as if there was an explosion going on behind the clouds and over in an area away from the sunrise. It looked so unbelievable. I wished I would have taken a picture, but I knew it would never come out as amazing as it looked.

I don't know if it's the potatoes or the black coffee, but I'm not feeling so great today. Sick to my stomach and hungry at the same time and sort of dizzy.

I bet it's the coffee. . .

Me thinks that whilst the potatoes are so satiating, they digest quickly and are put
    to use, so when you drink your fully leaded coffee, the coffee has nothing to stick to,
    or anything to really buffer it.

ALSO, I just can NOT, for the LIFE of me, drink coffee out of a French press. It's like freaking
    rocket fuel.

I'm sure even if I put some crap piss coffee brand in there it would STILL be rocket fuel.

My father and step mother used to use a french press, and I swear I coulda either dumped
    an entire pint of cream into it with no color change, or stood a fork up in it - it was THAT
    strong.

So, I'm banking on the coffee.

Do I get a trophy if I win? Hope so.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Well I had the same feeling, light headed, bubbly funny stomach and I was hungry about two hours after each meal.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Well darnit, maybe it ISN'T the coffee then.

I'm off to slit my wrists and jump into a pool of battery acid
    because CLEARLY I'm getting no trophy.

Sniff, sniff..

GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD!!!

Moving on, really DCarr? Hungry 2hrs later?

Man, when I ate my 6oz (or was it ten? too lazy to look) of potatoes,
    I was so full even the thought of food made me almost gag. Blech.

I think the bloat from the potatoes had something to do with it as well... but still.

Ah well, carry on!

Julie

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think it was the coffee. I was up all night.

I ate a real meal for dinner last night. Back when I was hiking the Pacific Crest, I would go about 4 or 5 days between towns eating crappy backpacking stuff like pasta and cookies. When I got to town, that first meal would affect me really strangely. I felt like that kid in the soup commercial who starts out as a snowman and ends up a little boy. It was like color would come to the world, the world would literally go from appearing less colorful to more colorful. And I would have feelings again and feel human again. Sometimes I would even cry over my meal.

My meal last night was beet greens with onions and peppers and leftover tri-tip. Nothing special. I felt like color came back into the world and I felt human again. Anyway, not sure if I will continue the potatoes today. I might. I probably will. I may see if this works as a once a week thing, Wednesday through Thursday afternoon.

Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast