Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 65

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I bought a grass-fed steak at the farmer's market last week and had it for dinner tonight. Delicious! Gosh, I felt so great eating that steak!

What I did was I told the guy at the farmer's market that I wanted a steak. He asked what kind. I said I wanted a steak that had a lot of fat on it. He showed me a rib steak. Perfect! It had lots of marbling and a thick rind of fat. Except for one bite of that fat that had something hard in it, the rest of that thick rind of fat actually tasted really good. The meat was really good too. I cooked it a little too well. It was medium and I wanted rare. I think I'll get another steak tomorrow and when I cook it, I'll make sure it comes out rare.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Went to a pot luck yesterday. We managed to combine both hiking and music. It was a party for Sierra Club hike leaders and my jam session provided entertainment. I played with the jam most of the time since that's more fun than talking to hike leaders. I had a piece of chicken and two big pieces of tri-tip. But I "cheated" on my plan by having some potato salad (probably had soybean mayo in it) and some thing with rice noodles which probably wasn't really that much of a cheat, and a beer.

It is supposed to rain all week but the sky is clear right now, and yesterday was the perfect day as far as weather goes so I'm finding it hard to believe the weatherman.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I find it hilarious that here in CaliFORNIA, they can't even get the weather right.

I mean, come ON already.

I know it depends on storm systems and their ability to change and all, but come on
    folks, this is, yanno, like I said, California... could it be any easier?

Born and raised in CA, soon to be 44yo, and I have YET to ever believe a weather forecaster.....

Easier to just look outside and assess the situation yourself!

Did you absolutely DIE of laughter when there was an "ALERT" for the hot weather we just
    had?

God.

I mean, yeah, 104 up here in San Jose was hot - but was it desert hot? 120? 110? 2000? I think not.

Those "alerts" just crack me up.

Give me a freaking BREAK already.

Okay, rant over.... from one Californian to another.

Julie

p.s. my husband went to UCSB..... just as an aside....
    dunno why I'm telling you, but I am, so there. HI!

We didn't have an alert. It didn't get that hot here so close to the beach.

If you want to be a weather reporter in Santa Barbara this is all you have to memorize:

"Night and morning low clouds and fog with partial clearing by the afternoon. Highs in the mid-70s. Lows in the mid-50s."

If you can manage to say that every day and sound fresh and interesting, you can be a weather reporter in Santa Barbara. It's when you try to mix it up and throw in some actual weather that you're gonna fail.

On the whole never succeeding diet frontier, I didn't get any exercise yesterday and I didn't get any today, except for a leisurely walk to the food co-op. Yesterday I actually ate breakfast. I had eggs. Then I had meat for dinner with a tiny bit of rice noodles and potato salad. Today I tried to IF like I have been doing the past 2 weeks but I couldn't do it. I ate my salad with sardines on top like I've been doing the past 2 weeks but I ate it first thing when I got to work. Then I walked to the food co-op at lunch and got some chocolate, almond butter, coconut butter and macadamia nuts. I guess I wanted some fat. I'm really in the mood for more meat and more fat.

I also bought 6 potatoes. I think on Wednesday I will try the potato thing for one whole day. See what happens if anything. Probably nothing.

Still not a cloud in the sky. At least the weatherman retracted his earlier prediction of rain all week.

I bought some size 4 pants at the thrift store this weekend. Since I buy my clothes at the thrift store, I'm usually a few fashion cycles behind. It appears there has been some major size inflation. I'm a little disappointed these size 4s are almost as baggy as my size 6s. I know it's not my body. I should have tried them on in the dressing room. I just tried them on right in the aisle over my shorts. They seemed okay and they're really cool pants. One nice thing about living here with all the college students and rich people is we have really good stuff at the thrift store.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I'm considering a day of potato eating too sometime this week. I think two pounds of potatos should do it. But 175 gr./carbs... yikes!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

I don't think 175 grams of carbs is all that much. I think a good shock to the system can be helpful, too.

For the last few weeks I've been eating a can of sardines in olive oil every day. Lately my joints are popping and cracking like crazy. My shoulders and my ribs mostly. The music stopped in the middle of my exercise class and it was like holy crap my joints are noisy! I am suspicious that the oil these fish come packed in is fake olive oil.

I think I'm going to have to get sardines packed in water and keep a bottle of California olive oil in my office. It's so hard to find real food anymore.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I love sardines and have switched to the kind packed in olive oil and I wondered if the oil was the real stuff. I popped a can into the fridge, but haven't opened it yet.

I've been on a Ketogenic diet for a month now with carbs under 50 so 175 seems like boatloads, but compared to the way I used to eat isn't much at all.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

I read something that said even the fridge test isn't completely accurate because there could be some olive oil. But I would be surprised if there was any if how I feel is any indication. My ankles were popping last night, too.

I'm going to try the potato thing starting today. I have enough potatoes for two days, I think. I will see if I can do it for two days. That's not much. Maybe if I see anything positive I can extend it. I just don't want to endure the teasing.

My waist was just a little under 30" today. I didn't weigh myself.

Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast