Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 59

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    He thinks the offal I eat is disgusting. Liver, bone marrow, kidney, gizzards, heart, feet and tails. To be fair, kidneys are pretty disgusting, but I may try them again.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

meeme is offline Senior Member
    LOL...I made up a nice pan of chicken livers, onions and bacon for dinner...added coconut oil for cooking and just took the bowl and ate what I wanted...the rest went into the fridge to be transformed into pate a la paleobird tomorrow. I may never do kidneys, time will tell. I'm an offal hunter as it's hard to find around here. The price of the liver 1.42lb @ $1.41.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    He thinks the offal I eat is disgusting. Liver, bone marrow, kidney, gizzards, heart, feet and tails. To be fair, kidneys are pretty disgusting, but I may try them again.
    We minced the kidneys, then mixed it with mince, onions and herbs to make meat muffins (now frozen in a big bag for breakfasts). They taste slightly less bland than plain muffins.

Maybe sneak them into the BF's diet?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I was reading Discover mag today and they actually had an article about fecal transplants. .
    on what???? isn't "fecal" human........ you know......... POOO???? Why would they transplant that?

OH, I can't wait for you to respond to this one!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I was afraid to ask....

The fecal transplants replace the missing gut bacteria that some people have. It has been found to cure this nasty disease where you have too much of this really bad gut bacteria and not enough of the good ones to fight it off. This imbalance happens to a lot of people after taking antibiotics. It's kind of gross. They make a slurry of poo and squirt it up there. Seems to be a miraculous cure, and since gut bacteria are so important for all kinds of health reasons, it's almost like one of our major organs, they are doing research into this treatment for other things.

Yesterday I read that some researchers consider Alzheimer's to be "Type 3 diabetes." I thought that was pretty interesting. I forwarded these articles to my boyfriend. His brother has early Alzheimer's and he's only in his 50s. Perhaps a ketogenic diet could help.
    Rhode Island Hospital Study Finds Link Between Brain Insulin Resistance and Neuronal Stress in Worsening Alzheimer
    Evolutionary Psychiatry: Alzheimer's, Mild Cognitive Impairment, and Ketosis

I'm feeling kind explosive today. Not from my emotions, but from where you don't want explosions coming from.

Oh dear...hope you improve soon.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You make me giggle!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Me too...

Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast