Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 56

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    SB, how is the boyfriend?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    He is fine. The procedure went well. He's taking the rest of the week off to rest. He says he feels strange that he had a heart procedure and doesn't feel like anything happened. He says he does feel sort of tired and a little sore in his heart but otherwise normal.

So I was trying to track the day's calories on my fitness pal. I went to put in my sardines. I scanned the barcode. Then I noticed the calories are for a drained can of sardines. Why on earth would someone pay for the olive oil and then drain it? Yeah, I drained my can...right over my salad. I find this whole calorie/macro tracking thing so worthless because of stupid stuff like that.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

tomi is offline Senior Member
    As for the pic's of endo-meso-ecto things........... I didn't see a single picture on all 3 pages that I wouldn't LOVE to look like! In my youth...... I was the ecto - but as I aged I became more of a endo. I have curvy hips and wide shoulders - so when I'm thin I had the hour glass thing going, only with much small boobs. HOWEVER........ since menopause and a thickening waistline - I have no idea what this body will be like when I reach my goal. Its a mystery! I will be posting before and afters when the time is right....... so I'll let you tell me what my body shape best matches.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

The hour glass thing is always really nice. That's one thing I've never had. I can't believe men find me attractive, but somehow they do.

Pony500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I found a page of pictures of famous endomorphs. I will never have that kind of wasp waist so I can't possibly aspire to look like these women. These are all the best-looking women, in my opinion:
    Body Inspiration - Endomorphs

In contrast, here are the mesomorphs. I am more similar to this than the endomorphs above, but I lack the six-pack abs and so many visible muscles.
    Body Inspiration - Mesomorph

And here are some ectomorphs. I don't aspire to this as I know that it doesn't resemble me at all.
    Body Inspiration - Ectomorphs

Good God--the mesomorphs!!! Well, that's what I aspire to--if I could work a little harder!!

Yeah, that's about right though--think of the endos as more just more curvaceous and soft. Ectos are more like a lot of the models--they're more stick thin without much muscle. Meso means muscle. I think the whole thing is talking about ones natural physical form without intervention. I have a nephew who hasn't lifted one weight, but you should see the muscles on his frame--that's a true mesomorph in my opinion. My father is similar--had a natural muscular physique when he was young and still has some now that he's 82. Someone who is stick thin and doesn't need to try to be that way is a true ectomorph in my opinion. But ectomprphs don't really have a lot of muscle either--they're not just thin, they're more like skeletal. Anyone can change their physique with enough effort, but there's a tendancy for most people to have a natural physique and I guess that's what those body types mean.

My fiance is pretty much a natural ectomorph (like his father), but he's working really hard to change that and that's just it--it is taking a lot of effort for him to add on muscle, where as I put muscle on fairly easily. My problem is, I just let myself go and didn't pay as much attention to my diet for a few years, which of course added a nice fat layer to my muscle.........
    Last edited by Pony500; 09-14-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Pony500 is offline Member
    Hey SB--did you take this test from bodybuilding.com?

Bodybuilding.com - What Is Your Body Type? Take Our Test!

I just took it and thought it would say I was an endo, but it said I was a meso and interestingly, it says I need to probably do more to maintain, which I was just telling my fiance--we've been working out only once per week and I feel like I need to do more. He doesn't maybe as an ectomorph. Here's what they said about a mesomorph:

Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Try that one and see how it comes out.

I did the survey and it said I'm between a mesomorph and an endomorph.

I got your blue paragraph on the results page, and also this one, with instructions to find a middle ground between the two:
    Endomorph: An Endomorph's biggest concern should be the losing of fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle to fat ratio and therefore improve metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace (very little rest between sets and exercises). You should lower your calorie intake (but not try to starve yourself) and should eat frequent but small meals. Sugars, sweets and junk food should be eliminated from your diet. Engage daily in some activity like brisk walking, biking, etc., and try to increase the amount of time you spend each week.

Sounds like what I already do, for the most part. I don't eat frequent small meals, at least not all the time. Sometimes on weekends I do. I do some activity every day. The minimum is about 10 hours per week, but usually is about 16 or more hours per week. How to lower calorie intake without starving myself is really hard since I'm always hungry. I sometimes wonder if all this muscle I have built over this year has made me so hungry. At the same time, why all this muscle but the fat won't go away anywhere but my legs?!! Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony500 View Post
    Good God--the mesomorphs!!! Well, that's what I aspire to--if I could work a little harder!!
    I would like to look like the mesomorphs, too, but maybe not QUITE that hard-bodied and muscular. I know it's fashionable to have a six-pack like that, but I don't think I'd want quite so lumpy a six-pack. Sometimes I can see my six-pack bumps under the flab, even that side muscle thing that curves down to the groin, which is totally disguised by love handles. At times I've wondered, is that really love handles or is that that muscle? I would rather just be smooth or have a very slight muscularity in my stomach and have no fat jiggling around as I walk. My legs are hard as rocks when I walk, but my belly? Where's my sleigh and reindeer?

My boyfriend just got some gluten-free cookbooks in the mail. He won't read anything I give him and he won't listen when I talk to him, so that is why he doesn't quite get it. I have never even used the word gluten or gluten-free.

So my return to low carb (is it very low carb? I don't know) has not resulted in any weight loss after almost a month. My calories have been all over the place, but should have been a calorie deficit almost every day based on how much exercise I do.

Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast