Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 55

Primal Fuel
    I can see where he would want to get that fixed, I'm fairly certain the beating of one's heart is directly linked to one's well-being. I doubt it will help him though, I caught up on the last couple weeks worth of posts and from the hip I'd say he's a hypochondriac on some level. He seems to be revolving his life around what ails him at the moment, but then he's up for a 14 mile hike at a moment's notice. Will the procedure today heal him? Or does he want to be completely healed?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

meeme is offline Senior Member
    He's lucky you're there for him SB..I'm fairly certain (there's always a small chance of failure) all will be well. I've had several procedures having 'wires' threaded through arteries in legs and was mostly awake during them. It's pretty amazing stuff and really makes a difference. Good luck to both of you.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure he's got a strong psychological component in there. His mother was a nurse and a worry-wort. Everything he did was accompanied by a story. "I see you are using a pencil to do your homework. The other day a little boy came in with a pencil stuck in his eye. He'll never see again." Stuff like that.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, that made me laugh. I wonder if there are any good Kleenex stories.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I think he'll be fine and happy to have had the procedure. My BIL had the same thing about a year ago, after many years of having to go to the doctor to get his heart zapped back into the proper rhythm. Now he no longer has to worry about his heart going wicky anymore. I have Premature Ventricular Contractions on both sides of my heart - and let me tell you......... when it starts doing its little dance in my chest it really takes my breath away! I hate it! If there was a procedure to fix it I think I would do it. What your BF is having is a very common procedure with very high positive outcome. I expect to hear all is well by the end of the day!

Brownie points to you for being there for him............ and heres hoping for many many more long hikes together!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

That is good to hear, Tomi. My boyfriend did tell me the doctor said there was a 97% success rate with the procedure. Of course, he focuses on that 3%. I'm not too worried.

I probably should have gone to work today. All I'm doing is hanging around the house waiting. I made some more pesto. I'm thinking I would like to try olive tapenade next. Looks like the secret ingredients, other than the obvious ones, are anchovies and capers. Ooh, this sounds so delicious. Just wait until I put tapenade on salmon. The raves I will get from that!

I'm starting to think instead of the paleo diet, I will call my diet the Mediterranean diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Oh, that made me laugh. I wonder if there are any good Kleenex stories.
    Yes, there are keelnex stories. You should always pick up litter that you see, except for kleenex. Why a boy came into the hospital just the other day with a terrible infection from touching someone's used kleenex.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I KNEW there was a reason I didn't pick those up! A terrible infection. Oh my.

Well the old man should be coming home soon. The doctor made it sound like the whole thing was a snap. We'll see what really happened when I go get him.

I found a page of pictures of famous endomorphs. I will never have that kind of wasp waist so I can't possibly aspire to look like these women. These are all the best-looking women, in my opinion:
    Body Inspiration - Endomorphs

In contrast, here are the mesomorphs. I am more similar to this than the endomorphs above, but I lack the six-pack abs and so many visible muscles.
    Body Inspiration - Mesomorph

And here are some ectomorphs. I don't aspire to this as I know that it doesn't resemble me at all.
    http://pinterest.com/dream_it/body-i...on-ectomorphs/

Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast