Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 54

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by meeme View Post
    I'm not caught up with reading this but can't help but ask for your suggestions on chicken gizzards!! LOL
    What he told me to do, and I haven't tried it yet, is to boil the gizzards first. He said boil them until they are half cooked. I have no idea what that means. Then he said to fry them up with olive oil and garlic just like scampi. Fry them until the outside is crispy and the inside is soft. Again, I have no idea how long that would take or what it looks like.

I figure it's worth a shot to try it out. A whole package of gizzards is about $2.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

meeme is offline Senior Member
    Oh, that sounds good. There were two packages of gizzards at the butcher that were calling to me. I love them crispy like that...snack time!!

Thanks.

I made a really yummy dinner last night. I made lamb loin chops with spearmint pesto. The chops were so tender. I've never made lamb chops before. They were so good! Had them with some cauliflower and a little avocado and half a funny heirloom tomato that was a variegated green color. I was naughty and had about 8oz of some local Hefeweizen beer. I still felt hungry after dinner. But I was really hungry before dinner. My daily calories were around 1800. I don't know about my appetite. It doesn't match my size. I was hungry when I woke up this morning. But I've just had my coffee and heavy cream and will attempt to push my breakfast forward as far as I can again. I don't understand people who think that if you aren't super skinny you must be eating too much and exercising too little. I rode my bike for 2 hours and went jogging for one hour yesterday. I was stomach growling hungry most of the day. How much is enough?

Pony500 is offline Member
    We're so hard on ourselves, I think, and I personally find it hard to stop. Now I can't seem to lose the 10lbs that I want to and I feel like you SB. I just would like to be a little thinner, but I am at like 21% body fat which means I'm probably at a good level, but I still feel fat too.

I have also been drinking too much beer and wine, so I'm sure that's not helping. Then recently, I bought heavy cream because we were having company over and my brother likes cream in his coffee. I decided to try it and it was delicious and now I feel like I'm hooked on it, and I also think it's adding back in calories too. I am like you and feel hungry a lot, but I guess if you are exercising and/or working out at all, you're going to feel hungry. I don't know how people can survive on 1500 calories a day--I know I can do it for a couple of days, but I still get too hungry. My sister-in-law has recently lost a ton of weight doing low carb and she's got her calories down to like 1300 I think, but she doesn't do much of anything but read......

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I have never had a broken bone in my life. I don't think it's even possible. If I was that Aaron Ralston guy I don't think I could have cut through my arm with a pocket knife in a million years. I know I have a larger frame and that I am muscular but I am also too fat and I get swollen easily. I was pretty swollen already in that picture since it was a hot day and I drank too much water. I had to force myself to stop drinking because it was making me sick. I needed salt, not water. When I got home my belly was a beach ball.

I have not combed or brushed my hair in the last two days. I have a very slight wave to my hair but it's mostly gone if I comb my hair. Sometimes it's really nice in the morning when I wake up. So yesterday I didn't comb it, but I did put it in a sort of bun. That left little curly bits around my face. I did the same today (I last washed it on Saturday evening.)
    I too seem to get swollen for some reason, but in the last few days with these fall temperatures in the northeast, I haven't been. I also will drink saltwater and it makes me feel better almost immediately.

I too have curly/wavy hair and I never ever comb or brush it ever. So, try just letting it dry naturally and just run your fingers through it or maybe pick it--your wave may come out even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hessian Peasant Potato Field Clay Stompers.
    I love this description by the way. I guess I have Lapplander Reindeer Milker Snow Stompers.

I'm curious, what is an Ecto-Mesomorph? I look up those terms and it's always with a stupid illustration of three ladies who are pretty much exactly the same only slightly bigger than each other. None ever looks like me. What does it look like in real life? Are there any famous ecto-mesomorphs out there? Maybe if I could see it in another person who is real I could accept it better in myself.

Yes, I'd like to lose the last 10 or so. I guess I'm down to maybe the last 8. Anything more than that I think would be detrimental. I guess it's vain, but I would kinda like to see that 6-pack I've got under there.

June68 is online now Senior Member
    funny, I just wrote a tiny post about the morphs. it's not exact, but you'll get the gist.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post950306

Hubby = ecto
    me = meso
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

I thought somebody said I might be ecto-meso but from the descriptions I would say I'm more of a endo-meso. I have measured my wrists and they are right on the borderline between the two. I can never remember which morph is which. I just know that I'm somewhat big-boned, but I'm short so I'm also small.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I thought somebody said I might be ecto-meso but from the descriptions I would say I'm more of a endo-meso. I have measured my wrists and they are right on the borderline between the two. I can never remember which morph is which. I just know that I'm somewhat big-boned, but I'm short so I'm also small.
    Ecto is really skinny with not a lot of muscle. Meso has a lot of muscle. Endo has more fat than muscle. You might be a meso-endo, being shorter and sturdier. My sister-in-law is an endo--she hardly has any muscle at all and is fairly "soft". My fiance's kid is an ecto--he's like a skeleton with skin. My brother is an ecto-meso--he was really skinny, but when he started lifting weights, he developed quite a bit of muscle fairly easily. I feel like I am meso-endo actually--like 75% meso and 25% endo or something like that.

Endo-meso it is then. Not that it matters much I guess. Not that I'll ever remember if it's endo or ecto.

So I dropped off the boyfriend at the hospital this morning for his heart procedure. They'll be sticking a device up his leg artery into his heart to zap some recalcitrant muscle cells that cause his heart to beat off-rhythm. I hope it works for him and helps him. Personally, I would just get used to the strange sensation of an off-rhythm heart, but he obsesses over it when it happens and wants it to stop. Now he's worried the procedure will end in tragedy. I try to share my optimism but he is scared so doesn't believe everything will turn out well. Yet he's going to do it anyway, so there must be a shred of optimism in there somewhere.

Taking the day off work so I can pick him up and help him out with any post-procedure errands and things.

Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast