Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 48

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I don't know what the answer is. But I hit over 1900 today. Why was it so much easier at the beginning to eat only 900 calories sometimes and now so hard to eat only 1500?
    Probably because you are much closer to optimum body composition right now. You don't have as much in the way of reserves to tap into as you used to.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Maybe so.

Today I rode my bike to work again. It was sunny and cool this morning and after drinking my cup of bone broth and my cup of coffee I was burning up. The idea of coasting the downhills--and it's mostly downhill--in the cool morning air really appealed to me, so off I went on my bike. It felt wonderful.

I felt strong and energetic. No weak in the knees feeling at all. It was like I was just gliding down the bike path effortlessly. Perhaps I finally have become readapted to super low carb once again. Maybe it's the magic of bone broth. Maybe it's the sugar in the Trader Joe's Korean spare ribs and the spoonful of rice and corn I had last night for dinner. I hope it's not that. I hope it's just finally adapting.

I weighed and measured myself. The odd thing is despite my high calorie content, I don't weigh any more than usual and my waist is 29" which it never seems to be any smaller than. My pants are still falling off me. My shirts don't feel all tight around my shoulders, which they do whenever I gain a little. Maybe 1900 calories is okay for me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Pony500 is offline Member
    Today I rode my bike to work again. It was sunny and cool this morning and after drinking my cup of bone broth and my cup of coffee I was burning up. The idea of coasting the downhills--and it's mostly downhill--in the cool morning air really appealed to me, so off I went on my bike. It felt wonderful.
    You seem to be hot quite a bit and I am finding that I am hot a lot now too. Granted, it's still hot around here, but I too feel like I'm burning up a lot. I wake up in the morning and I start feeling hot. I know that it might be hormones, but what I have aren't really hot "flashes," I just feel hot a lot of the time now. And granted, we don't have central air and the house can hardly get below 75, so that could have something to do with it, but I don't know. I started taking iodine, but I haven't taken any all week--I wasn't sure if that had something to do with it or what and I was only taking one drop every other day. Anyway, I am sick of being hot and it seems like you are too!!

Pony500 is offline Member
    Hmm, just had lunch and I'm now only 200 calories away from my daily caloric goal. I just eat way too much. My appetite simply doesn't match what I'm supposed to eat.

I was looking online and found a website that suggested trying the following:
    1. Eat 2000 calories a day.
    2. If you are losing weight, add 500 calories per day. Do this until you start gaining.
    3. If you are gaining weight after adding 500 or right at the start, subtract 500 calories per day until you start losing.

The goal is to find the maximum number of calories you can eat and still lose weight. I guess the guy who wrote this advocates for the position that "you're not eating enough calories to lose weight". If you search on that phrase, you will find the site.

The only trouble with this is I'm already bumping up close to 2000 calories a day by default. I've been aiming for 1500 and finding that very hard to do. I'm already bouncing around the spectrum of what is most likely to be the right answer. What if at 2000 calories a day I'm not gaining or losing? Add 500 and now I'm gaining. Drop 500 and I'm back to maintenance. Drop another 500 and I'm back to 1500 which I find very hard to achieve.

I guess I'm just a glutton.
    That's funny, I kind of feel like that too. I hear of people eating 1500 calories a day and when I was tracking it, I really struggled to keep my calories around 1500-1700. I feel too hungry actually and I also feel like I eat a good deal of fat, but it still doesn't always help me. I should track my calories again too, because when I did, I was amazed at how many calories and carbs I was eating.

Yeah, I have been trying to be high fat, low carb and less protein than I usually eat. It's been hard to track because it's hard to estimate and I don't eat stuff with labels. Plus I don't know how to make tasty food that is high fat, low meat.

Here's an example day:

B
    2 mugs coffee w/ heavy cream or coconut cream powder or half-n-half
    1 mug bone broth

B2
    "Salad" of beef tongue, diced tomatoes, one small avocado w/ vinegar

L
    Coconut manna out of the jar with a spoon (try and estimate that--probably at least 3-4 tbsp)
    6 dried Moroccan olives
    handful of macadamia nuts

Snack
    Another spoon of coconut manna, or 2

D
    Salmon with homemade pistachio basil pesto
    Steamed zucchini
    Microwaved yam, 1/2 yam
    8oz wine
    2 squares lindt 90% chocolate

See what a pig I am???

BUT!!! I feel different today!! Not as hungry, more energy and pep. I might be over the hump. Maybe I can fast soon. I managed to stay at 1500 today, although it's possible I underestimated. Plus I rode my bike to work and did strength training at lunch.

Oh, and P.S. I'm hot in the morning because I've been drinking two hot beverages and the weather has been really very warm lately. Very warm in bed all night too. Have to kick off the blankets. Today is really super hot. We don't use air conditioning here in Santa Barbara. Don't have it, never have had it.

My boyfriend has decided to have heart surgery, a catheter ablation. He's got supraventricular tachycardia, I think. I hope this helps him. He freaks out seeing his heart beat jump around. Sometimes I truly think knowing that his heart is beating funny makes him feel sick, not the actual rhythm of the beat, but whatever. He loves modern medicine. He even has a friend who had this done twice who enthusiastically recommends it. So I do hope it works. Anything to get him to stop thinking he's about to die is a good thing, I guess.

My Crio Bru came yesterday. I made some today. It's very pleasant. I didn't have any cream to put in it so I drank it straight. It makes the kitchen smell wonderful. I've made some chicken liver pate. Just eyeballed the ingredients: chicken livers, eggs, mushrooms, a huge amount of random saved beef and pork fat and 2 TBSP butter. All cooked, all in the blender. Here's hoping it's good when I eat it later.

I'm feeling pretty good. Went running yesterday. Had lots of energy. Felt clear and finally not hungry. Didn't eat as much or worry about eating as much. My calories were at 1500 without trying. I woke up hungry today but after my bone broth and crio bru I didn't eat anything more. I'll eat later.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Girrrrl, you are dialing this keto thing in like a ninja master.

Good luck with your pate!

Are you taking measurements at all to see if anything is going on
    places besides the scale?

I'm taking mine today after about 2.5 weeks of keto-land.

I don't expect MUCH, but my clothes are telling me *something* is happening.

I haven't taken the scale out of its naughty corner in the linen closet in over a month.

We just don't get along, so I think it's fired until I'm 3 or so months in.....

Julie

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I haven't measured myself, no. My pants feel pretty loose, but I haven't washed them recently. The scale hasn't changed, which is good. I've been eating a huge amount so I don't expect to lose anything just yet. I think I have to get down to two meals a day regularly and do some fasting.

Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast