Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 4

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    SBHikes, I just read your journal and was amazed at the similarities!

Female, 5'3",
    Starting weight: 160lbs. Current weight: 140lbs. Would like to be in 120s, but around 130 will be an improvement.

I'm 5' 2.5"
    Starting weight: 68kg (149.91 lbs). Current weight: 65 kg (143.30 lbs). Would like to be 60 kg (132.27 lbs)

It's actually 140, fully clothed.

Mines 143, naked... LOL

Another week has gone by with no change. My waist remains at 31"

Again, snap! My waist is 31"

And yes, I also feel that I am not loosing weight as fast as I would like. 'No change' is exactly how I would sum up my weight loss too...
    except...
    except...

I really think it IS changing. Extremely slowly and almost imperceptibly... But the weight IS coming off, and the belly IS disappearing...

I'm not sure how long you've been doing this now. This is Day 50 for me, so I'm still in the early days, but I didn't see a massive weight loss at the beginning, and honestly if I compile my pictures into a sequence as you have done, my pictures would show just as much (or little, depending on how you look at it LOL) progress. I look like I've hardly changed.

Not that there's more than a microscopic difference between any of these pictures.

My husband too, refuses to take Paleo seriously, and downs copious amounts of carbs at every meal, including beer, sugary coffee! McDonalds, pasta! And the annoying thing is, he's slim-medium build at best!

Keep up the journal. I will be reading along, as I'm interested to see how you're doing, in comparison to me, given the similarities.
    Thank you for your message to me. I didn't notice. I keep a browser tab open and just tack on a new post each day, otherwise I never can find my journal again. I'm glad my pictures helped and all the rest. I do think the weight loss goes in microscopic increments and that while one part refuses to change for a while, another part is changing a lot. Right now I seem to be getting thin right over my hip bones but my love handles persist. Oh well. I'm going to take a new picture soon. I think there's been some perceptible change.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Butter coffee to the rescue. My cream went sour so I made bulletproof coffee instead.

It is a nice feeling to be able to pull any pair of pants out of my closet and not have them be too tight to wear.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm a hiker and roughly your size too I'm out east though - I've done a bunch on the AT but never thru hiked it. Congrats on the 20 lb weight loss - I think it shows up well in your arms in the pictures!

I waited too long to wear my favorite jeans, the ones I had to bury deep in my closet. Now they are a little loose and I have to tug at them to keep them up around my thighs. But that's okay. They fit fine.

I'm bothered by the bones, by how I can't throw the bones after a meal into my compost pile. This seems like a horrible waste of nutrients. Not for me but for the earth. Instead of returning the nutrients to the earth I have to wrap them in plastic and entomb them for all eternity in a landfill. I've lived in the same city my whole life. My whole life is chronicled in that landfill. Somewhere are the bits of baloney sandwiches and banana peels from elementary school lunches and chicken bones from hundreds of angry dinners from my childhood when my parents hated each other. Our way of life is insane. It's completely the design of madmen.

Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm a hiker and roughly your size too I'm out east though - I've done a bunch on the AT but never thru hiked it. Congrats on the 20 lb weight loss - I think it shows up well in your arms in the pictures!
    Thank you. I did a day hike from Neel Gap to Blood Mountain. Sure is pretty out there.

I forgot I was going to write about how my IFing seems to just be making me cold lately. I was so cold yesterday. I've just eaten my breakfast, which was leftover tomato pie (which contains cheese and olive oil), two eggs and butter coffee that had 2 big spoonfuls of butter and about 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Suddenly I'm burning up, heat is radiating. Maybe no more IF until it warms up around here.

I dug down deep into my closet and pulled out a pair of pants I didn't think I still had. I'm wearing them today. A good reality check because these pants have buttons on the side that at one time I could actually button to make them tighter. That was back when I got to a really low weight through eating nothing but vegetables and riding my bike up a 3000 foot mountain every day. It will be interesting to see if eating primally can get me to that weight. Somehow I doubt it, but we'll see.

I took another picture of myself. There really hasn't been any change. I look pretty much the same as I did on Dec 4. Maybe this is as good as it gets for me, or maybe I should count my blessings that this is as bad as it gets during the holidays.
    Dec 4, left. Dec 24, right

Last night after I ate my dinner I had a feeling like I never want to eat again. Maybe I'm all full up. I still wasn't hungry this morning. I had some coffee, opened presents and then we went for a hike in the mountains. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful day. It's in the 70s. It felt hot. I was burning up on the trail, even in the shade.

I've started cooking a duck for dinner tonight. I've never cooked one before. The poor thing suffers from obesity. I will end up with a ton of duck fat when this is over. I would have cooked the liver for breakfast this morning, but I'm still in no mood to eat. Maybe duck liver for breakfast tomorrow then.

Behold Christmas dinner:

Roasted duck, mashed rutabaga with cardamon, roasted asparagus with olive oil and sesame seeds for decoration, mushrooms cooked in butter and wine. Holy crap was this good! The duck came out so tender and the skin was crispy. The duck is glazed with a glaze made of honey and molasses with a little soy sauce, hot sauce and because I had no oranges, tangerine and lime juice (from our trees).

Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast