Page 35 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 35

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    I am getting grassfed lamb liver from my meat CSA and that is very livericious. It has a milder flavor than beef liver and is very tender.

I used to have problems once in a while trying to donate blood having my iron level too low. That hasn't been an issue since I got over my phobia about liver. (I thought about that because I'm going in to donate on Thursday. Liver for breakfast.)

The plan to minimize the chocolate and spuds while upping the veggies sounds solid to me.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I wish we had a big deep freezer for a big meat CSA payload. That would be awesome. But I'd probably not get enough liver in the mix.

My BF has kept a page open in his magazine about a new vegan restaurant in Santa Barbara. I might end up having to find something to eat on a vegan menu. I read the article. It sounds like it would actually be fairly difficult to find anything to eat that wasn't just a salad. I'd be willing to go, though. I would be willing to compromise with tofu or legumes and brown rice if the dish sounded tasty enough. One night wouldn't kill me. I could sneak some kerrygold in. I've done that before. I wonder what kind of oils they use to cook with.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

I just had something so completely decadent. I'll probably gain a million pounds from it, but we'll see. 1/2 can coconut cream, one very cold banana and one heaping spoon of cocoa powder. Some ice in the blender and it was the thickest, richest, unsweetened chocolate milkshake ever.

I made out at the ethnic grocery today. $21 got me some produce, hot sauce, pork liver, oxtails and pork belly. I also bought a bathing suit--2 piece. OMG. I hope I have the courage to wear it. My stomach is not flat, but you can see some faint abs, so it's not totally scandalous. I might have to shave a little "down there", which is the worst thing.

I went sprinting today and hurt my thigh somehow. Bummer. I attempted a chin-up and failed but I lowered myself as slowly as I could. So I attempted to just hang there and did it holding the bar chin-up style and then holding the bar pull-up style. It hurts my hands more than anything. That's one thing I never liked in childhood was always getting blisters that tore and getting calluses under each finger.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I made out at the ethnic grocery today. $21 got me some produce, hot sauce, pork liver, oxtails and pork belly. I also bought a bathing suit--2 piece. OMG. I hope I have the courage to wear it. My stomach is not flat, but you can see some faint abs, so it's not totally scandalous. I might have to shave a little "down there", which is the worst thing.

I went sprinting today and hurt my thigh somehow. Bummer. I attempted a chin-up and failed but I lowered myself as slowly as I could. So I attempted to just hang there and did it holding the bar chin-up style and then holding the bar pull-up style. It hurts my hands more than anything. That's one thing I never liked in childhood was always getting blisters that tore and getting calluses under each finger.
    A two-piece, scandalous!!! Lol, you are braver than I! I say wear it! Let me know how it goes, it's my goal to one day wear a bikini

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Seeing how amazing you look in your 'after' avatar, I'll bet that bikini will look great!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I got a completely different mental image when I read your first sentence! The groceries caught me off guard when they showed up. Then there was the bikini. I had to shake my head and start all over to understand that shopping occurred, not romance.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Okay, I got a completely different mental image when I read your first sentence! The groceries caught me off guard when they showed up. Then there was the bikini. I had to shake my head and start all over to understand that shopping occurred, not romance.
    It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with a mind that automatically "goes there". And definitely, flaunt that midriff.

Hmm. I should be careful not to put words like "made out", "pork" and "bikini" adjacent to one another.

Okay, so I am a mess today. My leg and my back hurt from sprinting. My fingers hurt from making shoes and there's glue stuck to my fingers.

I'm enjoying making shoes again. Well, sandals right now. I made tons of shoes but so many of them did not work out. I threw them in a huge pile in the closet. So many hundreds of dollars in expensive soling sheets, expensive unit soles and glue wasted.

I've realized I can take the shoe part off of the sole and stitch a sandal on top. Or, if I liked the shoe but the sole fell apart, I can take the shoe part off and stitch it to a new sole. So now I will have a huge pile of sandals. Ha ha.

Meanwhile, I'm gearing up to make some oxtails and some pork belly. I think I'm going to try these recipes:
    Fast Paleo Jamaican-Asian Braised Oxtails - Paleo Recipe Sharing Site
    Slow Roasted Pork Belly

But for dinner tonight I will have to make something uninspired like fajitas for The Man. I doubt he would eat oxtails or pork belly. He might, though, if it smells alluring enough.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Actually, I think I'm going to cook my pork belly like Melissa's answer on paleo hacks. That way I can cook it overnight and have it for breakfast. If I like it, then maybe I will attempt something more dinner-like with a crispy skin on top.
    Best and easiest way to make a pork belly meal - PaleoHacks.com

Page 35 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast