Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 25

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    How neat! Are those maple-leaf inspired?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    No. They are inspired by these

From here
    ShoemakerSharon's Photos : Arts and Crafts

I love her shoes and wanted to learn how to make them. This is my 2nd pair. I also made sandals like hers, two pairs. Overall I have made about 30 pairs of shoes including barefoot running huaraches. A lot of my shoes were horrid mistakes, but it was fun to learn.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Those are the coolest shoes I have ever seen.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Hey! I've seen many of your posts on the forum - you mention you've had success going VLC? I really struggle to lose weight - like, 4 months in and basically no loss, and no change in size. I'm giving VLC a go, but was wondering how low you dropped yours to see results? Was it atkin's definition of VLC (induction levels - 20g), or the primal version (<50g)?

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Last night I scrubbed my skin with epsom salts. Wow that left my skin feeling really nice. We have really hard water and I have really dry skin and this left my skin feeling soft and moist.
    Interesting. Why/how did you think of doing that?

I make shoes as a hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Those are the coolest shoes I have ever seen.
    What he said
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    Hey! I've seen many of your posts on the forum - you mention you've had success going VLC? I really struggle to lose weight - like, 4 months in and basically no loss, and no change in size. I'm giving VLC a go, but was wondering how low you dropped yours to see results? Was it atkin's definition of VLC (induction levels - 20g), or the primal version (<50g)?
    I don't know if that is you in your avatar but I doubt any kind of carb ratio would cause someone that skinny to lose any weight. I aimed for the 20g range but didn't actually count. I made sure to have no fruit and the only veggies I would eat were leafy greens, mushrooms and onions. Only a little bit of sweet potato once in a while. And sometimes if my boyfriend cooked, lentils and rice. I basically lost all the weight I gained from the insulin resistance caused by my long distance hiking. I only got down to my default normal weight which is not skinny at all.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Interesting. Why/how did you think of doing that?

What he said
    Once a long time ago I got a massage for my birthday and part of the massage the lady did a lavendar scrub on my body. It felt great. I've heard of people using sugar or salt to scrub the skin. My skin seemed to have a lot of these white things I could pick off so I thought maybe a good scrubbing would help. I was going to use regular salt and then my boyfriend said he had a whole bunch of epsom salt so I used that. It took a cup of salt. I used giant handfuls because it would dissolve quickly. Really left my skin nice.

Thanks for liking my shoes. They are so comfy. I can't stand normal shoes anymore. My feet are too wide for normal shoes and the minimalist running thing is okay, but even most of the minimalist running shoes are too narrow. And honestly, I don't really want a super thin sole. Just a wide, flat shoe. I started with making huaraches and then thought hey, maybe I could make real shoes. The first pairs I just sewed an upper out of fabric and glued it around a flip-flop sole with hot glue. It actually worked pretty well. I was so amazed at making a 3-dimensional object like that I had to keep experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    I agree with sbhikes, if that's you in the avatar, you don't need to go low carb. What women look like in magazines is not reality, they are not attractive, they are sickly.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Here are some sandals I made:

Based on the same lady's sandals:

Shoes on Feet - ShoemakerSharon's Photos

I just love her shoes. I wish I was as good at it as her. Maybe I should send pictures of my shoes and tell her what an inspiration she has been. I've thought about it but I'm embarrassed. I know I shouldn't be.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if that is you in your avatar but I doubt any kind of carb ratio would cause someone that skinny to lose any weight. I aimed for the 20g range but didn't actually count. I made sure to have no fruit and the only veggies I would eat were leafy greens, mushrooms and onions. Only a little bit of sweet potato once in a while. And sometimes if my boyfriend cooked, lentils and rice. I basically lost all the weight I gained from the insulin resistance caused by my long distance hiking. I only got down to my default normal weight which is not skinny at all.

Thanks for the feedback. That photo was taken last year - I've gained a bit since then. But I am actually a pear shape, and about 2-3 sizes bigger on my bottom half than below. I gained about 10kg last year - I think over-training with running (half marathons etc, runnign EVERY day) may have screwed me up. Anyway thanks again for the feedback, I really only want to lose about 3-5kg to get back to what I was when all my pants fit..even then I was scrawny up top, but well padded below...I've been VLC and no dairy for about 3 days now, so hopefully some weight will shift.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hopefully it will shift for you. I wish more weight would shift for me. It won't budge anymore. I guess this is my natural weight. Even my strength classes aren't really changing anything other than my strength. The shape of me, the definition and flabbiness doesn't change even as I feel stronger here and there.

Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast