Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 21

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We ran out of wine a couple weeks ago. Today we got another box so I had a glass. I decided I didn't like the way it made me feel.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

CrissyTibby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    We ran out of wine a couple weeks ago. Today we got another box so I had a glass. I decided I didn't like the way it made me feel.
    I was having a glass a night for a long time and couldn't figure out why I couldn't sleep. I dropped it and started sleeping again. I LOVE wine, but it doesn't love me unless I drink it earlier in the day.
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

I sleep about the same but I feel more vibrant while awake.

I have been eating a half pound ground grass-fed beef and 2 eggs for breakfast each day for a little over a week. Eating more protein seems to make me feel good. It flattens my stomach after a weekend of too many carbs (rice, beer, corn and beans).

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    What?!?
    Spambot, or nouveau blank verse? I am undecided.

Definitely spambot.

Yeah so I'm reading people once again in the Nutrition forum going on and on about how carbs are great and low carb is awful and it's like if they repeat the lies enough they start to repeat them as if they are truths everybody already knows. The truth is, people would really rather believe that being fat is not a metabolic issue, that it's simply a willpower issue and that you are fat because you are weak and eating too much and all you have to do is go to the gym and watch your calories. Yeah whatever. If they want to make it harder for themselves they can be my guest. I will continue to stuff my face with meat, get lots of exercise because man do I feel great, and maintain my figure effortlessly, girlishly linebacker-like as it may be. If you are one of the ones who can stuff themselves with fruit all day and lose weight easily, good for you. For the rest of us there is a simple answer that works great, that leads to improved health and vitality. That's the road I will take and while everyone else can moan and wail about calories and insist low carb leads to thyroid death and worse, I'm gonna eat my steak and eggs and feel the warmth radiate through my whole body, watch in the mirror as my muscles build and smile smile smile because of the incredible support for my brain and mental health. Good luck to you all. Hope you find something that works.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yes, yes, yes!

Pony500 is offline Member
    Definitely spambot.

Yeah so I'm reading people once again in the Nutrition forum going on and on about how carbs are great and low carb is awful and it's like if they repeat the lies enough they start to repeat them as if they are truths everybody already knows. The truth is, people would really rather believe that being fat is not a metabolic issue, that it's simply a willpower issue and that you are fat because you are weak and eating too much and all you have to do is go to the gym and watch your calories. Yeah whatever. If they want to make it harder for themselves they can be my guest. I will continue to stuff my face with meat, get lots of exercise because man do I feel great, and maintain my figure effortlessly, girlishly linebacker-like as it may be. If you are one of the ones who can stuff themselves with fruit all day and lose weight easily, good for you. For the rest of us there is a simple answer that works great, that leads to improved health and vitality. That's the road I will take and while everyone else can moan and wail about calories and insist low carb leads to thyroid death and worse, I'm gonna eat my steak and eggs and feel the warmth radiate through my whole body, watch in the mirror as my muscles build and smile smile smile because of the incredible support for my brain and mental health. Good luck to you all. Hope you find something that works.
    Hey sbhikes,

I'm kinda new around here--been lurking and reading for several months and have just recently been getting involved in some of the conversations. I love your journal--you are fairly similar to me physically. I just turned 50 and am 5'6", and have about 10-15lbs I'd like to lose. I have been reading this whole low carb/higher carb/calories in-calories out/leptin thing and have gotten more and more confused. I can't tell if my metabolism is screwed up or what. I thought I was eating low carb, but I think I was eating low carb and low calorie. I am always cold. It's 60 degrees here and I am cold. Anyway, I noticed that you decided to add more meat to your breakfast and you're eating about a 1/2 lb with some eggs. I think I will try that. For a while, I was on a bacon kick and while it was tasty, I don't think it was really the best thing to eat. I could have eaten a whole 8oz package though!

Anyway, I was scared that I was hurting my thyroid by eating lower carb, but I don't know, maybe I just wasn't eating enough for breakfast. I am glad to hear that you are feeling so good eating a good amount of meat for breakfast, so I think I will try that. I end up being lower carb anyway because I don't do well with fruit--bananas seem to be okay but not much else. So, with that much meat for breakfast, what are you eating for lunch and dinner then? Are you eating about a whole pound of meat in a day?

Well, if I eat lunch, lately I eat a small can of salmon, the kind with the bones, with a couple of mustard packets on top. And lately I've been eating my dark chocolate dessert at lunch. Today I missed lunch. For dinner it kind of depends who is cooking. When I cook I usually get a healthy serving of meat, maybe a third pound. If it's my boyfriend's turn to cook, it's usually less. It's usually fish or chicken for dinner. Last night I had 1/3lb pork roast and a whole bunch of carrots, celery root and onions to go with.

Today I went to the eye doctor. I am getting old. When I bought the pork roast I was at a new store I had never been to. Since I had never been there, I didn't know where everything was and was not familiar with all the products. I realized how blind I am. I have great distance vision, but I wear drugstore reading glasses. Trouble with those is I have to get right up to the shelves to see what's on them. Like way too close. If I stand a little bit away, I can't see anything, with or without the glasses. So I went to the eye doctor. It doesn't appear there is much they can do except give me some prescription readers. I went ahead and filled the prescription. There is a little bit of astigmatism correction. Who knows, maybe they will help.

One strange thing was the doctor said he could see cholesterol arcs around my corneas, which can be a sign of high cholesterol, but not necessarily a sign of high bad cholesterol.

Pony500 is offline Member
    Well, if I eat lunch, lately I eat a small can of salmon, the kind with the bones, with a couple of mustard packets on top.
    Really? You like it? I feed canned fish like that to my dogs once a week and when I dish it out for them, I always think it's a little gross with the skin and bones. I've thought of trying it, but I'm having a hard time getting past the fact that I feed it to my dogs.......I should get over it though. I don't eat much tuna anymore because of the whole mercury thing, but I know it's a really good source of protein. I've heard though that all fish has mercury, not just tuna, so I should just get over that too!

Oh yeah, I like it fine. The bones and skin just taste like the rest of the meat. I recently bought sardines in mustard sauce. That's really delicious.

I made a pork roast recently. Bottom round pork roast. It had thick ripples of fat in it. It was the most delicious thing I've ever eaten. I'm definitely getting that again. All that fat and I think my stomach appears flatter.

Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast