Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 20

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Okay, my idea: just tell your fitness pal you grew six inches. Then it won't stress you with a red number.
    That chocolate package sure is pretty. Is the name on it 'Theo'? I'll have to look for it.
    I went to school at UCSB. Now I can imagine you doing your runs.
    And...your trip sounds wonderful. I think the adversity does make us enjoy the rest of it more. Though, please, invest in some better rain gear! Can't be losing you.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Okay, my idea: just tell your fitness pal you grew six inches. Then it won't stress you with a red number.
    Excellent!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    You know that is why i stopped using the site. It always felt bad seeing that big red number. I feel better when i get a more protein too
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I think I'll take a break from it for a while. Stop looking at numbers. Not going to weigh or measure myself, either.

Yeah, that's Theo chocolate. It comes in a lot of different flavors and strengths. The one pictured is 91% dark. It's pretty good but I think the 87% Lindt is smoother and creamier and the 85% Green & Blacks is also smoother and sweeter. But I like the almost not sweet at all taste of the Theo sometimes.

I bought 3lbs of grass-fed ground beef yesterday. A half a pound a day plus eggs for breakfast for a while. When I eat that I feel full but not stuffed and I feel calm and like I can breathe well.

Breakfast is my paleo meal and dinner is my 'other' meal. Last night I made fajita veggies. I ate mine with salmon and sweet potatoes with a big slab of butter (It occurred to me, why eat the butter? Is it really necessary? Next time no butter). He ate his with Trader Joe's tamales, refried beans and flour tortillas.

I have to go to Trader Joe's and get more frozen crap for him because we're all out. Having to buy frozen pizzas I won't eat is like a big huge tax on my grass-fed meat and pastured chicken, which is already terribly expensive by itself. I'm thinking about getting big huge $16/lb rib-eyes just to really live it up next to his pauper's food once in a while.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

I missed my web developer meeting today and then I missed my exercise class. Bummer. I really wanted to do both. I went running instead. It felt great. My calves are killing me. It seems they'll never get used to running.

I ate almost a pound of meat for breakfast this morning. Maybe almost 3/4 a pound. I feel great.

My blue pants are definitely looser today than they have ever been. And when I look in the mirror, I actually like what I see. I wonder if this is because of:

- the backpacking and hypothermia this weekend
    - the previous two weeks of sub-1200 calories per day finally catching up to me
    - eating more meat

I wish I knew the answer.

My mother emailed me with lots of questions. She wants to try the paleo diet. So I have successfully converted one person.

I went to my exercise class today. There is a new teacher. I walked out halfway through. The teacher uses too many accoutrements. Weights, band things, step aerobics things, little balls. I couldn't figure out where everyone got the equipment so I didn't have most of it. I couldn't get the bands to work with my VFFs. And then I saw my huge legs in the mirror compared to all the other women in there. They all look so feminine doing their squats and whatnot and I looked like a graceless linebacker. I just had to get out of there. So I left and went running around the lagoon instead. I felt light and graceful out there. I may try again next week but arrive early so I can figure out where everybody found all the equipment and which is the right stuff to have.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    As far as the pemmican goes, have you ever tried Tanka bars?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I bought a tanka bar once. It had a corn syrup taste. I don't know if there is corn syrup in it, but the taste was sweet and fake and the texture wasn't like real meat. I have also had the tanka bites. I thought it tasted like sweetened dog snacks. I'm pretty certain that modern US tastes are being shaped by cynical companies to accept dog food as people food. And tanka bars/bites are just dog food, just like all other gas station beef jerky.

Today I made some Thai green coconut curry with purple carrots, sweet potatoes and other veggies and rice and brought it to a potluck. It was well received but I came home with a liter of it left. At the potluck I ate a corn and bean salad that had avocados and tomatoes, and some kind of beet salad that had wheat berries. I tossed the wheat berries to the chickens. Someone brought an Easter ham so I ate some of that. A fairly unprimal potluck but I didn't care. Tasted great. Had a beer, too. Played my mandolin in the jam session all afternoon on a gorgeous spring day. Historic buildings, rolling green California hills, cattle and chickens. Awesome day.

Then I stopped in at Whole Foods. I had never been to Whole Foods until today. The prices are cheaper than where I usually shop but I didn't see any grass-fed or pastured anything. It was basically a very expensive gourmet grocery store. I bought a whole bunch of ground buffalo, some canned fish and some soap. I probably won't go back. They had no organ meat.

Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast