Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 18

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I did a 16 hour fast yesterday. 3pm to 7am. Felt fine. I always feel hungrier before going to bed than after waking up. Broke my fast with a delicious 3-egg breakfast with liver, onions, mushrooms and sugar snap peas. Yum!

My favorite brown pants, the ones that were the tight ones compared to the identical olive drab ones, are starting to look ridiculous. My weight on the scale is unchanged. My waist measurement is unchanged. But the pants are falling off. My tight blue pants felt a little looser yesterday, too. I always lose weight around the crotch area of my pants first. It's very hard to find pants that fit me. I enjoyed the whole low-rise trend because at least the waist band was not around my neck, but the waists on pants like that were always at least 3 inches too wide if I was going to fit my giant thighs.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Seems like I am hearing about fasting (both intermittent, and extended) left and right lately.
    Strangely, when I read you fasted, and I looked at the times, the first thing I thought of was being sent to bed without supper. After Mark's post discussing the 'healing' aspects of fasting, I'm thinking that if kids were misbehaving due to crankiness from oncoming illness, that 'punishment' might actually have been a preventative treatment.
    Not related to you (unless there is naughtiness you are not journaling) it just popped into my head.

Yes, I went to bed without my supper. I am not naughty, just fat. I wish I was naughty. Will that broken part of me ever work again?

I thought I might be catching a cold but I feel fine today. Maybe what Mark wrote about fasting recently is right. I think he only talked about cancer but maybe it works for colds, too.

I missed my exercise class by accident so I went running instead. Then I ate my sweet potato, Lara bar and some dark chocolate for lunch. I'm attempting a carb refeed. I have to cook tonight so I'll make it low fat. Chicken of some sort and some butternut squash. Here's hoping one day of high carbs does something. It'll be interesting to see what it does.

My big carb day ended with some lentil stew (Indian daal), skinless chicken tikka, and butternut squash.

It's back to my low carb ways today. Bulletproof coffee and later when I get hungry again I've got a thermos full of liver, onions, chard and scrambled eggs.

My jog yesterday only hurt a little bit. I've been wearing zero drop shoes and sandals exclusively for all activities for 3 years now and yet I still can't go running without it hurting my calves. I wore my VFFs.

After work I stopped to buy a pair of running shorts at the thrift store. I'm not really sure I can pull them off. I think I will try to take my next progress picture in them because wearing pants hides my hideous legs too much and makes it look like I'm at a decent weight. My unclothed body tells a vastly different story. It's not wrong to actually want to look good naked when you are 47 years old, right?

I have definitely lost some more weight. I haven't stepped on a scale in a while. Maybe I will tomorrow. My hiking pants weren't just wearable, they were loose. Just like they were on my long distance hikes.

Here's something funny. I entered my food into my fitness pal app, then I entered my 6 hours of hiking in hills. My daily goal is to eat 1200 calories, according to the app. After entering my exercise, I still had 2880 calories to go! A 1600 calorie deficit for the day. Back before I found low carb primal, I no longer lost any weight from hiking. More evidence that calories in/out is totally bogus when your metabolism is hosed. Thank god I found low carb when I did. I'd probably weigh 175 by now if I hadn't.

Here's my latest progress picture. I have not lost weight but I am a little thinner. I bought some shorts so I can see if I ever make any progress on my legs. I don't think I'm nuts to think I've got at least 10lbs to go. I think that would be rather generous to myself.

The bulges at the sides of my waist above my waist band are all me. I'm going to attach a picture here and then once it's approved, I'll link to it in another post to ask how the heck to get a better belly.
    fat_stomach.jpg

I decided to wear my new running shorts on today's run. I felt really self-conscious at first. I felt naked. But after a while I got used to it and it was nice to feel kind of free. I ran extra today. It felt really good and it felt fun to feel the soft earth after the rain under my VFFs. I think it's good to have so much skin exposed to the sun, too. My calves hurt though. I can't seem to get used to running in flat shoes even though I wear flat shoes 100% of the time.

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    Good Morning..
    I just started here yesterday and was looking through the journals and reading the first post reminded me so much of me. I need to take a shower..just got in from my morning run but i wanted to say hi and i will be back later to read more..your pic looks like we are the same body type too. I will be very interested to see how this plan has worked for you so far..

Yesterday's chicken was a failure yet again. I can't seem to cook it all the way. I even used the oven probe. Next time I'm setting the probe to something like 175 degrees. I think that'll cook the bird. I also made okra according to an oven-fried okra recipe here. The only other way I have ever had okra is in an Indian recipe. The first time I ever had okra was in India. I was amazed. What is this delicious food? I had to know. When I found out it was okra I was shocked. I've made it at home with some Indian spices that come with a recipe. It's really good. But this oven fried okra? Not so much. Is that what okra really tastes like? Not sure that I like it. My man liked it though, so that was good.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Excellent progress photo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    My calves hurt though. I can't seem to get used to running in flat shoes even though I wear flat shoes 100% of the time.
    This happens to me too. I also only wear flat shoes (well, 95% of the time)
    My calves hurting while I run is the reason I have to alternate running and walking.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast