Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 16

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think you look fantastic, sbhikes - you are truly an inspiration.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

snowflake67 is offline Junior Member
    Congrats on your progress!

I kinda stumbled upon your journal! I was just posting in mine about my slow weight loss and trying to stay focused on some of the positives since going primal. I was happy to find others with similar issues on here.

Thank you for sharing your journey!

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    sbhikes, I SEE that difference. It's definitely dramatic. What an inspiration

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I cured my hangover through guilt. I ate a bunch of dates. Nature's candy. Didn't make me feel better and I felt guilty for having a snack I wasn't even hungry for. So I went for a long walk, about two hours. Felt much better.

I put today's food into the USDA food tracker (it's free but too focused on their my plate campaign.) They don't have stuff like pemmican so I guessed as well as I could. 1684 calories today. A bit high for me I think.
    Macros:
    Carbs 108g
    Protein 66g
    Ratios C/P/F:
    26%/16%/55%

I tried to pile on the carbs a bit today. Unfortunately that came at the expense of protein. Today's choices will probably make me put on weight.

I am going to try the fast 5 if at all possible tomorrow and try to eat more carbs during my eating window. My carbs today were the dates, celery root and half a mango plus all my veggies. I want to see if a change like more carbs plus fast 5 makes any difference at all. I'm going to make my eating window be 2-7pm. I'm not sure if I can fast until 2pm tomorrow, especially after such a carb-fest and pig out today. I will try.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

My fasting went really well. I wasn't hungry at all. I broke my fast at 2:30 instead of 2:00. I could have held out all day and maybe I should have. I even drank black coffee this morning and it was not too bad. I ordered a double-espresso in a brewed coffee so it would taste better than just brewed by itself. I broke my fast with liver and chard, 2 fried eggs and a couple slices of beets. The bento didn't really keep it warm.

Fasting was a lot harder today. I was hungry instantly for breakfast. I held out to 2pm. I'm still hungry.

I feel fat today. I swear my workout clothes felt tight today.

I downloaded a calorie tracker app. Yesterday's calories were 1054. The macro breakdown looks like:

Macro Ratio C/F/P:
    20%/46%/33%

Seems pretty good. Of course it's way off what they THINK it should be. Badge of honor if you ask me.

Somebody posted a link to this.
    The Scribble Pad: Low carb and thyroid: separating the truth from nonsense.

Now this sorta makes a lot more sense than all this high-carb stuff people have been saying around here. Something for me to think about for sure.

Yesterday I carbed it up big-time.
    My ratios C/F/P:
    41%/34%/25%
    1008 calories

I'm not very happy eating high carb. I thought I would try it since there is so much talk on these forums about it. My carbs yesterday were sweet potatoes, a Lara bar and veggies -- good carbs. But they give me a stuffed feeling because I feel like I have to stuff myself with sweet potato to turn the hunger off. And I feel less energetic, less laser focused, less like a raw animal like I feel on low carb.

Since low carb works so well for ItstheWoo maybe I'm like her and should stay with it.

I'm still trying this fast-5 thing with a 2-7 eating window. I've got all my food in my bento box. Ground buffalo, eggs, beets and half a banana with heavy cream. I feel less hungry today but I think it's because I stuffed myself with a giant potato last night so I'd be uncomfortably full and also because I didn't lick any spoons (bad habit) while preparing my bento box.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi sb,

Your iodine comments caught my attention. I started iodine therapy about five weeks ago. At the two week point, I had a sudden onset of hypothyroid symptoms which made me stop taking it. I had my thyroid tested just in case and it is fine. It turns out that I had been eating VLC and over exercising for much too long and had caused my thyroid function to turn down. This is apparently normal, but the results were too much for me. I have now re adjusted my eating plan to include 75-100g of healthy carbs. In about a week, I am going to very slowly start adding the iodine back in. I remember the energy I experienced was phenomenal. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I will be interested to hear how the iodine works for you. I can't keep up with the iodine thread though.

My carbs were way too high again today. 105g carbs. Most of it was in 3 medjool dates, half a banana and half a mango. Too many calories, too, at over 1200. Does the fast5 miraculously erase eating too many calories or carbs?

Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast