Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 15

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I can definitely see the 30lb loss!!

Congrats!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Amazing transformation! Congrats on your before and after photos.

See it does come off, just very slowly and steadily! (Which is the best way!)

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    The beef heart came out surprisingly good. I probably actually "ruined" it but it's still good. I put way too much peppercorn in there. I zapped it in the slow-cooker on high. I probably should have cooked it on low. But the juice it made! Oh man, it's so flavorful and rich like a stew. I just sat there with a spoon eating the juice. I ate a little cooked heart with 2 eggs for breakfast. It's not really tougher than regular steak although it seems like it is. I think it is just less fibrous which makes the toughness seem more pronounced. But the flavor is great. I will definitely get this again but try cutting thin slices and just cooking fast in a pan.

I have to eat my weird stuff for breakfast because my man is CW and likes chicken, fish and lots of processed Trader Joe's stuff. Works though because a high protein breakfast seems to be a big part of this for me.

And thanks to you who noticed my weight loss. I was feeling kind of fat yesterday. Then I went to put on a pair of pants today and it's like I have to cinch a belt or else they'll just fall off. And a favorite T-shirt now looks like I'm a little child inside of it. My actual weight was up to 135 this morning. I don't worry too much about the exact weight since it fluctuates around a lot. Slow and steady, but when I look in the mirror at my naked self it's the same fat lady staring back. I guess that doesn't ever go away.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Oh, I was so bad today. I ate ice cream with hot fudge. Ice cream is both better and worse than I remember. Drank some beer, too. I'm skipping dinner. Not skipping the wine because I'm a lush.

I felt really weird after eating the ice cream. I hope that it'll act like the post-workout carbs, bump up my insulin and leptin and act as a carb refeed.

Total bone marrow fail. I attempted to follow Mark's recipe for bone marrow. I don't think my oven can cook anything in 15 minutes. It looked done but wasn't. So I nuked it. But the bone marrow isn't something you can scoop out of the bones at all. It's hard as a rock. I was so disappointed. So I tossed all the bones into the crock pot for yet more soup. I have so much bone broth now it's not even funny.

I had breakfast with our weekly breakfast group at work. A fairly high carb breakfast because it was an egg and hashbrown casserole and fruit salad. I felt a huge sugar high from the fruit salad even though the woman who made it said there was no sugar added to it. Just cinnamon. It was delicious. I'm just not used to such sweetness I guess.

Today the beef heart will be gone. Weird thing about the heart was it turned redder and redder the longer it was in the fridge. Very strange.

My boyfriend thinks I'm looking healthy and good these days. I would like to lose more weight if I can. If not, I think I look decent. I'm not ashamed anymore and sometimes I even think I look pretty good.

I told him that I can see no reason to stop doing this diet as I have been doing it. I feel good, I'm not "dieting", the healthiness, both physical and mental, is so good I am not going to change anything. I keep trying to mention how good I feel as often as I can so that maybe he will give up the pasta, bagels and tortillas. He probably won't but that's okay. He tolerates my diet and I tolerate his.

Marianne is offline Senior Member
    Greetings! A random wander through the forums landed me on your post about changing your bird's diet back to real seed, and I just have to comment. As a parrot fan, you may not be that interested in feline anecdotes :-) but I felt a kindred spirit in pet care, and I wanted to note SOMEWHERE on the MDA site that a change in diet has also benefited our 16 year old cat! About six months ago we stopped feeding her the standard kibble faux food recommended by so many CW veterinarian authorities (translation = Purina Corp.), and put her on a real meat diet. In just a matter of weeks she went from being a sluggish, overweight, don't-bother-me-I'm-sleeping lump of fur to a frisky, let's-play, sylph. She's even gone back to jumping up on our backyard shed roof, something we haven't seen her do in at least three years!

I've also very much enjoyed reading the rest of your journal, and note we have some things in common: balky partners on the Primal Path (love 'em dearly, but man are they stubborn!), UC employment (although I'm now happily retired), and a thrift store wardrobe :-) Do you have a Thrift Town in the SB area? If so, I may have to insist on a field trip on the way home from PrimalCon!
    My Journal 60 Is the New 40 (more musings, less stats) --
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46274.html

Marianne is offline Senior Member
    Oh, plus my brother lived in Ojai for many years, so I too have spent a lot of happy times scrambling around the back country of your part of the world. No John Muir Trail yet, though!
    My Journal 60 Is the New 40 (more musings, less stats) --
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46274.html

We don't have a Thrift Town. I like to shop either Goodwill, which has a few prizes among the crap, or Alpha Thrift which is expensive as hell but the stuff is really good.

I stopped taking my iodine a couple days ago. I was frightened reading stuff about how it might harm your thyroid. I don't know what to believe. I was riding my scooter home and it felt like my jacket was pressing on my thyroid and I thought oh no, maybe it's swelling up and dying. So I stopped. But last night I thought maybe I'll take just one so I took one last night and woke up in the middle of the night all burning up and hot again. I decided to take one this afternoon and I was burning up hot an hour later. And then instead of sitting around doing nothing I got up and cleaned the bathroom. Now it's sparkly. The iodine definitely does something. I can't decide if it helps or hurts and reading around the web doesn't seem to help. I should see a naturopath or something.

I played a gig with the jam I'm a part of. I'm not in a band, I'm in a jam. I play the fiddle but I'm terrible at it. They don't care. They like having young-ish people interested in learning the old music. We played one gig where there was food and wine. We played really fast and it was a lot of fun. Then we went over to another gig and there was more food and wine. We rescued the 4 who were already there playing when we arrived. They didn't have the energy our group had so we brought it to them and they were so happy and the crowd loved us. It's always fun when people dance to our music. They let us eat the tri-tip dinner and drink lots of wine. It was great. Lots of fun. Maybe I'll get paid. I got to drive my pick-up truck, too. I hardly ever drive it.

The iodine gave me a lot of energy at the gigs. That was my point telling the story.

My weight loss seems to have gotten stuck so starting Monday I'm going to attempt the fast 5 but my eating window will be 2-7 or something like that.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am hung over today. Bummer. And I wasn't even drunk yesterday. And the time change kinda sucks.

Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast