Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 14

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I forgot to mention I had a perfect moment to be snarky about diet with my boyfriend this morning. I don't do this sort of thing normally because it's just not nice. He was joking as he was retrieving his bagel from the toaster, "Do you think my breakfast is going to kill me?" I replied, "no, it's not going to kill you, but it's probably the reason why you complain about feeling like crap all the time."
    Ha, good response ! Yes, I'm another that reads your "drivel".

As for the risk of crotch rot from overpeeing, well, I'd rather suppose it would be more likely to occur with suboptimal peeing, not from going too often. Heheheh.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    How about a progress picture. Before and now. I wish 30lbs looked as dramatic on me as it does on others. Oh well. Can't complain too much. I am "normal" weight, 23.6 BMI.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    30lbs still looks good, even if you don't think it's "dramatic"
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    What?! That's awesome! Your thighs and your hips look much smaller - congrats!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    SBHiker, I would be stoked to see that sort of a transformation! Very, very well done!! I also spent some time reading your whole journal. I really like your relaxed style of record keeping, as opposed to the nearly obsessive calorie counting that some of us are guilty of. I think you are doing Primal the way it was originally intended.You are an inspiration!
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Thank you. I don't calorie count at all. I did a couple of days just out of curiosity. When I was 16 I knew the calories in everything and I obsessively went over my calorie count all day long. Nearly drove myself insane. Tried to stay under 500 calories for the day. So no, I don't calorie count at all. But I am very strict about adhering to the plan. No "cheat days", no 20%. To me "20%" is that stuff you can't control, not that stuff you can get away with, birthday desserts excepted, of course.

I hope my weight and appearance improves more. But if it doesn't I can't see any reason not to just keep eating this way. I feel good. I'm really happy. It feels so easy to just eat as much as I want. The key to this way of eating is it changes you so that what you want is what you need.

I am peeing a lot less since not drinking that decaf coffee I bought. It's not back to normal just yet, but almost. I guess I will have to toss it out.

I bought a grass-fed beef heart. I looked online at how to cut it up. You are supposed to remove the fat and the tissue that doesn't look edible, which is not very easy to do, but I managed. Then I cut up the heart into strips and chunks. It has a definite smell like you are cutting up a living thing. I put all the chunks in the slow cooker, added some red Hawaiian salt, some chopped onions and lacking a better way to do it, I ran some peppercorns through my coffee grinder and added that. Added a half cup of water. Smells pretty good even before cooking. I am hoping it will come out delicious. I will eat it for breakfast this week, hopefully. A beef heart is pretty big and for me it was not cheap. It cost almost $16.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    And my beef heart cost less than $2 ... Anyway! Yeah, I didn't know how the hell to cut that crusty, hard lard off some of the parts so I didn't use them. Glad to read about another person trying it. It does have a different smell. I almost wasn't sure if I should eat it. I put mine in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes and they were done. Definitely a more tough meat, but hey, if I can enjoy jerky I can enjoy beef heart.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I look forward to hearing how your heart turns out. I bought a frozen giant bison heart this week for $20, much to the dismay of hubby, who is incredibly squeamish about meats that don't come on styrofoam trays covered in plastic and don't look anything like what they came from. I ate chicken hearts as a kid, but have never yet ventured into the big ones.

Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast