Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 13

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I checked my weight this morning on the scale to see what kind of damage my big birthday dinner might have done. I'm actually down from 136 to 133! So to verify, I put on a pair of pants that are always pretty tight and they are looser. Yay!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

I attempted the sprinting thing today. We were on a hike where we went downhill first with all the uphill at the end. Everybody was soooo slooooowwww. So I left them behind. The hill was steep so I tried to push myself as fast as I could go for as long as I could stand it, which wasn't very long. Sometimes I could run. Sometimes I could just walk faster. I think I managed to do this 4 or 5 times before I pretty much didn't have the energy to do it again. But I still had plenty of energy to get back to the car.

It was sort of fun in a way. I will try this again. It's supposed to help a lot. We'll see.

I'm getting tired of the pro-carb contingency around here. Doesn't anyone here follow the actual primal blueprint anymore? I am sticking with it. It takes patience but I have not experienced any evidence it is not effective as is, carb curve and all.

Another night of burning up. The addition of a tiny big of selenium (I think it's 200mcg) to my 25mg of iodide each night seems to really make the iodide more accessible which really gets my engine revved. I may switch to the iodide in the morning instead, but I do enjoy the warmth at night.

I've been wearing the same clothes as I started out with this whole time. I have a couple newer pairs of pants and I've been able to resurrect old pants I grew out of that were hidden in my closet, but mostly it's the same stuff. Sadly, some of my favorite pants are starting to get beyond the point where I can keep wearing them. I am not sure that sewing some darts in the waist will make them look okay. They seem to be getting baggy around my crotch which looks really sloppy on me. I guess I'll try sewing darts in the waist and see if it helps but I'm not going to hold out a lot of hope because my waist seems to be stuck permanently at 30" but the rest of me is getting smaller. I shouldn't complain really but it's hard to find pants I really like and I really like these a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm getting tired of the pro-carb contingency around here. Doesn't anyone here follow the actual primal blueprint anymore? I am sticking with it. It takes patience but I have not experienced any evidence it is not effective as is, carb curve and all.
    Ditto. There's a bit of tinkering involved depending on height/ weight/ age/ sex/ activity level/ goals but I'm trying to stick to the basics laid out in the book as much as possible and truly believe this WOL/WOE is the path to health for me. Enjoying your journal!
    Last edited by thepigisatastyanimal; 02-27-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks. I can't believe anybody reads my drivel.

So I ordered a bunch of grass-fed offal today. I pick it up on Friday. Grass-fed beef liver, heart and cheeks. I think I know what to do with cheeks (crockpot, then Mexican food) but heart? Not sure what to do with it. I hope grass-fed liver is worth it. The organic expensive stuff is only $3/lb. The grass-fed is $7/lb.

I'm actually starting to see myself in mirrors and not cringe, to actually, dare I say it, like what I see. This is such an amazing thing! I even have less wap-wap. In fact, it's hard to get it to really flap like it used to.

I forgot to mention I had a perfect moment to be snarky about diet with my boyfriend this morning. I don't do this sort of thing normally because it's just not nice. He was joking as he was retrieving his bagel from the toaster, "Do you think my breakfast is going to kill me?" I replied, "no, it's not going to kill you, but it's probably the reason why you complain about feeling like crap all the time."

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. I can't believe anybody reads my drivel.
    I read it

I forgot to mention I had a perfect moment to be snarky about diet with my boyfriend this morning. I don't do this sort of thing normally because it's just not nice. He was joking as he was retrieving his bagel from the toaster, "Do you think my breakfast is going to kill me?" I replied, "no, it's not going to kill you, but it's probably the reason why you complain about feeling like crap all the time."
    nice!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I couldn't stop peeing yesterday. I had to pee a lot the day before, too. I think it's the coffee I buy. It's Equal Exchange decaf coffee. Supposed to be from small farmers in Guatemala, fair trade, organic, shade grown and all that. I usually make a cup with breakfast then have another cup of crap coffee later on campus. I get the drip brew swill they make, usually the kind with flavor, but always the full caffiene, and sometimes I even get two cups. This morning I thought I would try not drinking the home decaf coffee and see if my peeing is from that. I suspect it's from that because last week I had a different brand of decaf coffee and didn't have to pee all the time. I'm still peeing too much today but I think I was still affected by yesterday's coffee because I had to pee a lot in the middle of the night. That bulletproof guy says mycotoxins in the decaf cause toxicity (I get a little tired of all this detox/toxicity business; sounds like woo sometimes.) Maybe that is so, but the other decaf brand didn't do this, so maybe Equal Exchange has more fungus or something. Anyway, if I keep having to pee this much I'm going to get crotch rot or my nethers will fall out or something.

Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast