Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sbhikes) page 10

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Here's my latest picture.

Here's one exactly 2 months ago.

The difference is quite slight. I thought I had a pair of shorts somewhere but I don't. Might be able to see more changes with less clothing. I'm not brave enough for a bathing suit.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

PrimalPam is offline Member
    I can definitely see a difference. Your entire torso has shrunk! You look terrific. Love your progress!
    Truly Paleo since 1/1/2012 (Doing Leptin reset)
    Turned 50 on 3/8/2012 !!!
    5'2" Female
    11/27/2011: 162.8 lbs.
    7/15/12 : 148.6 lbs.
    Clean Paleo diet: Lots of CO, Meat, Seafood, and doing CT 5x/week, 40 mins @ 50-52 degrees F

something4me is offline Member
    I can see the difference too. You look smaller everywhere. Keep it up.

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    Definitely a smaller waist going on there! Good work!!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Today I put bakers chocolate in my bulletproof. Pretty good.
    My special chocolate bulletproofs are turning out to be a good thing. The chocolate makes them stay mixed together and tastes really good.
    Wait!! HOW did I miss this????

Chocolate in your coffee???
    (although winencandy HATES coffee with a passion, her mind starts to wander towards thoughts of chocolate in her Chai)

How do you DO this?? DO you shave it?? Explain please

Oh, I see a difference in the photos too, my Dragon was just distracted by the CHOCOLATE!!!
    Last edited by winencandy; 02-04-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: photo
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

My boyfriend bought 99% chocolate. I hated to break it to him that this would not be something to nosh on. He was very disappointed.

So one day, searching for some way to use it (it was an enormous bar), I broke off a chunk with a knife, maybe the size of the end of my thumb. I dropped it in my mug with the ghee and coconut oil and popped it in the microwave for a minute while the coffee was brewing. It doesn't melt all the way, but good enough. Then I pour the oil/choc mixture into the blender (messy) and the coffee (I use an espresso maker and just use the max amount of water I can). Whip it in the blender a few secs and pour back into my mug. It's not sweet at all. The chocolate is bitter like the coffee but it has certainly got a chocolate essence to it, and a richness I find appealing. Keeps the oil from separating quickly. I found that ghee didn't stay mixed very well compared to butter. The chocolate fixes this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPam View Post
    I can definitely see a difference. Your entire torso has shrunk! You look terrific. Love your progress!
    Quote Originally Posted by something4me View Post
    I can see the difference too. You look smaller everywhere. Keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by primal4fifty View Post
    Definitely a smaller waist going on there! Good work!!
    Thank you all. I feel so happy things are moving forward. I have really had to reduce calories and have managed to do so by taking the bulletproof coffee 4-5 breakfasts a week and not eating my lunch until 1 or 2. My lunch is pretty meager: a can of sardines and maybe some beef jerky. If I were capable of eating a 1000 calorie dinner, which I am not, my total for the day would be around 1400-1500 calories, I am guessing. So it's probably less. Quite a few times I have been hungry enough to overeat at dinner and yet still managed to lose. My BF stopped drinking wine so that helped. No wine in the house. (I did cave and buy a couple bottles. Bad me!)

I feel bad that I am not getting a lot of veggies this way. (How many can you possibly eat at dinner??) But frankly, I feel super fantastic. Almost euphoric. It is kind of nutty. I'm a little hungry some days but I easily forget about it and it passes.

I have also been upping my carbs ever so slightly. A little extra sweet potato here and there mostly. Not a lot, but I am making an effort to not be always so low carb. It's just too easy for me to eat almost no carbs.

So Paleo-bird's thread about the calories definitely has truth in it for me. I feel okay with it since I know I can maintain without having to make this permanent.

Thank you for your kind words, all.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    My boyfriend bought 99% chocolate. I hated to break it to him that this would not be something to nosh on. He was very disappointed.

So one day, searching for some way to use it (it was an enormous bar), I broke off a chunk with a knife, maybe the size of the end of my thumb. I dropped it in my mug with the ghee and coconut oil and popped it in the microwave for a minute while the coffee was brewing. It doesn't melt all the way, but good enough. Then I pour the oil/choc mixture into the blender (messy) and the coffee (I use an espresso maker and just use the max amount of water I can). Whip it in the blender a few secs and pour back into my mug. It's not sweet at all. The chocolate is bitter like the coffee but it has certainly got a chocolate essence to it, and a richness I find appealing. Keeps the oil from separating quickly. I found that ghee didn't stay mixed very well compared to butter. The chocolate fixes this problem.
    Thanks! I'll try it, maybe tomorrow.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    That does sound yummy! xo L

I bought a pork tenderloin from Trader Joe's. I've never cooked one before, or eaten one either. I cut it in thirds and put it in the crock-pot with a little bit of red wine, water, dehydrated onions (leftover from a backpacking trip) and a sprinkle of soy sauce and salt. When I got home, it was tender and shredded apart with a fork.

I took one third of it and added it to a coconut curry. The curry had coconut milk, Thai green curry paste (almost 1/2 a small jar, the stuff is so weak nowadays), onions, garlic, fresh tumeric (wow, that stuff stains everything yellow, including my fingers), various veggies and a small yam cut up and fried in coconut oil. Added some salt and sriracha sauce because that dang Thai Kitchen stuff has no flavor. Why do I bother with it? Anyway, it came out delicious! Wow, that pulled pork is great and goes great in a curry.

Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast