Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I getting enough? :p page

barehard Guest

Just discovered dailyburn.com. Excellent website, much better than fitday for the UK crew. Anyway... I've entered in my daily intake of food and drink and it came to this.

*1726 total calories

*56.75 fat (112g)

*11.58 carbs (51.4g)

*31.68 protein (140.7g)

I weigh 140 pounds, lift heavy every other day and sprint/jog on days that I'm not lifting.

Am I getting enough to grow? The protein looks fine, the carbs are fine, it's the total calories and fat I'm not sure of.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Looks like you're eating below maintenance. Are you trying to lose weight?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

barehard Guest

No I&#39;m trying to put weight on. Do you mean below maintenance of total calories? How do I work out maintenance please? My diet is based around a whey protein enhanced smoothie (similar to mark&#39;s recipe) for breakfast followed by 2 meat based meals (one chicken based, one beef based) daily.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

How long have you been doing this and have you seen any changes. I assume, since you are asking in the first place, that you have not seen any change in muscle gain.

I suggest at least 2500 cal at your weight.

In this case mostly from fat. If your workouts suck don&#39;t be afraid of some more carb.

barehard Guest

I&#39;ve been doing this two weeks and I&#39;ve noticed my muscles grow a bit and I&#39;ve lost some puppy fat from places (maybe water though.) My diet was not as controlled as I hope to have it now though so I can&#39;t really compare. I&#39;ve not suffered low energy whilst working out at all tbh.

So you&#39;d recommend 2500 cals as a target. Hmmmm I&#39;ll have to see where I can squeeze some more fat in. I&#39;m allergic to nuts unfortunately I&#39;ve just ordered some coconut oil so that&#39;ll help. Compared to my previous "diet" it seems like I&#39;m eating loads of fat. But still not enough it seems. Great to have this forum to ping off other people, it&#39;s a great help.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

For most people 18 cal/lb works at gaining muscle mass. This is a good place to start. You may need more if you don&#39;t see any gains in a month. If you see unacceptable fat gains in 2 weeks then it&#39;s too much.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

If you&#39;re trying to gain weight then you need tp increase your calories. You can have a lot more fat, and don&#39;t hesitate to eat more carbs since you&#39;re working out very often.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

barehard Guest

Thanks for the help guys. I&#39;m going back to the drawing board to make some tweaks.

stevew is offline Member

Hey I&#39;m from the UK - just wondering how dailyburn is any better than fitday? Just signed up and the nutrition info is in metric but serving size is imperial and doesn&#39;t let me change my nutritional goals from what I can tell?

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Are you male or female? Sorry, but I can&#39;t tell from your name. (That should be a question on the member profile!)

If you&#39;re a young guy...that&#39;s definitely not enough food. I&#39;m an old-ish 128 pound female, and I lose weight if I eat under 2400 cals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast