Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Adidas is throwing its hat in the 5 finger ring page

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member

Looks like Adidas is throwing its hat in the 5 finger ring

Primal Fuel
    I came across the new Adidas adipure trainers in the paper on Sunday. I wonder how they will compare with Vibrams. At $90 dollars they are not cheap. Has anyone seen them at a store yet?

adidas adipure trainers adipure Trainer

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    probably get sued by vibrams for copying their shoe so closely...

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    shit man, this is like wearing extra expensive condoms for that "close to nothing" feel, just go for cheaper alternatives. I bought a pair of $22 scuba shoes that kick THE SHIT out of all VFFs I've tried.

I have been wearing a 49 dollar pair of the Fila Skeletoes since February and they have been just fine. I have been toying with getting either the Vibram classic or the Vibram Sprint (or a different one if anyone has any suggestion) this Christmas but these Adidas seem tempting.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    These look like all the "tricked out" five fingers I've seen lately.

I'm a huge fan of my KSO's... I wore one pair into the ground after about a year and a half a serious use. When I went to get a replacement I tried some of the newer styles (Bikila, Komodo, Sport)... they all felt like they had a ton of crap on the bottom... it almost seems like they are moving away from a minimalist type of footwear. All those treads and junk on the bottom also makes the sole seem much more stiff.

I ended up getting another pair of the simple old KSOs.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    It'd be hard to be worse than the Fila version- I only wear mine to work out, and they just fall apart...

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    I love my KSO's as well. They have a good groundfeel and I use them for lifting, sprinting, hikes and wading into water while fishing, it would be hard to find a more flexible and perfect barefoot shoe.
    I looked at a pair of those FILA skelatoes this weekend and they are vastly inferior and stiff. Looking at the adidas link they look really heavy and reinforced. There could be some heel lift to them. I's hard to judge from photos .
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

dado Guest
    Idk if they are or if they are not, but it's a market waiting to blow up. The five fingers, we can have a very strong and affordable version for 35$. Let's get there.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalClay View Post
    I came across the new Adidas adipure trainers in the paper on Sunday. I wonder how they will compare with Vibrams. At $90 dollars they are not cheap. Has anyone seen them at a store yet?

adidas adipure trainers adipure Trainer
    I saw them yesterday at Academy Sports. The bottom was totally inflexible, almost rigid, but they were shaped like a normal bottom of a foot. I did not want to even try them on. In hindsight I should have.

(I wound up in a river this weekend wearing my Komodos rescuing my dog. They performed beautifully on slippery rocks in a swift current, giving me the grip I needed to haul my 80# dog out of danger. I hiked for aother 2 hours in them without a blister or any discomfort.)
    Last edited by Adrianag; 11-14-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Did you guys have the plain KSO pair or the KSO trek? Also has anyone tried the classic or sprint? Classic looks very minimalist.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast