Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5'2"-28yr-Female page

CrissyTibby is offline Senior Member

Cool 5'2"-28yr-Female

Shop Now
    When I started my journey after my 8 year old was born I weighed around 145 pounds. I have gone through some ups and downs.

I use to look at all the fitness forums to get advice and loved to look at journals and pics of other people to gain motivation. I am just going to post pics and cals/foods for the week. I will also be incorporating weekly primal refeeds as soon as I am down to 110 or when I hit a plateau -- which has been my goal weight for a while.

I train pretty hard. I am a personal trainer and bootcamp/group instructor. I, however, do not practice Chronic Cardio-- and can't-- it kills me honestly to do intense cardio for longer than 20 minutes.

Right now I am honestly consuming around 2100-2600 cals. It is hard to believe -- I have been losing weekly if I keep the fruit and nuts out -- which is what I am doing right now. I have been keeping my carbs under 50 and it seems to be moving along steadily. Very happy with Primal eating -- wouldn't eat any other way.

I plan on posting pics when I have a few minutes to breath!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Welcome!
    Thanks!

I don't set my cals for the day or anything - but I do write down what I eat so I don't get too many carbs/protein.

2968 Cals/145 protein/47 carbs

wow - haven't eaten that much in a while - my husband cooked some kicker grass fed ground lamb -- it was so good I ate a WHOLE lot of it..luckily I will be really busy tomorrow so here's hoping I dont have numbers near this! lol

I worked chest/tris in about 20 minutes and did a few sprints -- just found out I am subbing a barbell class tonight - so will be overdoing it today - I usually take Sunday off - but now I will take Wed and Sun off to balance out the extra workout. I try to only get an hour or less 6 days a week - more than that and I am dragging = )

Bed time -- then another Barbell class at 530 am!
    Last edited by CrissyTibby; 11-14-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Yick yesterday was bad too --3,000 cals-- to be honest I haven't been going low carb until now -- more like 120-150 because of the type of classes I teach and now that I am it is making me tired and hungry -- lol. I ate about the same amount of food yesterday after teaching that extra class -- way too much -- I am going to start sticking a big chunk of sweet potato and chicken after my barbell class and then stick to veggies/fat/protein the rest of the day and on the days that I work in the lower rep/heavier range to see if it helps my crazy appetite.

Just to lay it out so I hold myself a little more accountable--

M-Heavy Upper 50g carbs
    T-Barbell-- 100g carbs
    W-Off 50g carbs
    T-Barbell-- 100g carbs
    F-Heavy Lower 50g carbs
    S-Slow and steady 50gcarbs or Barbell 100gcarbs
    S-A Few Sprints w/ Slow and steady (Stubborn Fat Protocol) 50g carbs

This only leaves me with 2 days of cardio -- not much but the barbell classes are very fast paced and high rep -- so I consider them more cardio than weights.

Ok--visiting a college today-- trying to get into a physical therapy assistant program so my last meal will be around 4pm since I won't have access to good food-- that is another issue I have been having-- I have been eating too many times a day-- honestly I am happy with my weight (only 5 pounds to go, so pretty happy with where I am) and body comp -- well I could always lose a tiny bit of fat off my rear--;p--so now I am really trying to maintain and I get in trouble trying to do this-- it is kinda difficult for me because I eat like a 300 pounds sumo wrestler--primal, but still.

whew..off to class

Super tired still...but yesterday was much better! Looking forward to a heavy workout tomorrow. Trying to keep with 3 meals a day and not snack -- this 8 tiny meals a day from a lowfat paleo type diet is having a hard time doing this -- I ate 4 meals yesterday... so some progress

The last few days were rough. I ate way too much. Yesterday I decided to refeed to see if I could regulate my hunger a bit. I did a barbell class in the morn and then ate mostly veggies tubers..soteme honey and fruit..a little dark chocolate..and a pint of organic low fat yogurt..

Back to norm today..

I was coasting at 116 but with all the hunger I am back up to around 118..work has been slow so hopefully it will pick up and I will be too busy to think about it!!

cinico is offline Junior Member
    I think not eating nuts and fruits for me is really help me see some progress on the scale also!

Quote Originally Posted by cinico View Post
    I think not eating nuts and fruits for me is really help me see some progress on the scale also!
    Fruit, dairy, and nuts make me peckish. Boredom does this too, lol.

PrimalCon New York
    Well I am throwing my calorie counting ways out the window - again - lol. Honestly it just makes me think about food too much and I hate thinking about food. I normally sport a six pack, but since I have walked away from my unhealthy low fat days it is covered a bit. I am trying to find a good balance because I will give the six pack up any day not to be obsessed over every morsel going into my mouth. It is an unhealthy way to be and not a good example for my clients or kids.

I have flipped between low fat and primal high fat -- not the types of foods though -- I tend to only eat good foods -- no grains crap. I have to say the low fat left me with no sex drive and a terrible mood!! I know too much research to ever put my body and brain through low fat again.

So I am just going to write down my foods and workout hard and leave the rest up to my body.

Breakfast -- Coffee w/ Heavy Whipping Cream
    Eggs/Bacon/Grapefruit/Sweet Potato/Sour Cream/Sausage - ate a little of all of it.

Lunch -- Minute Steak/Eggs/Sweet Potato

Dinner -- Minute Steak/Spinach-Beet Salad w/ Ghee
    Last edited by CrissyTibby; 11-20-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast