Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat and Veg, winter time page

Ollie is offline Senior Member

Meat and Veg, winter time

does anyone fancy less veg and more meat during the colder months or is it just me? generally i eat LOADS of veg but for the last 4-5 days all i really want is meat and fish.

dado Guest
    yea, this is what grok did. vegetables are plants and in the winter they die.

it's scary how well it all fits; in the summer you will eat more fruit and you will be more active, throwing sticks and your dog will catch it; in the winter you cannot be outside as much so you eat the meats from the winter mammals you hunt, and you do not have as much of the fruits, if at all.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member

Colder=more meat, Warmer=more fruits and veggies

Usually I have less of an appetite in the summer, and mainly want to eat fruits and vegetables, and in the winter I generally crave more meat and root vegetables. For some reason, I only seem to really want potatoes when it's cold outside.

Good to know I'm not alone and of course it does make sense from a primal angle. I guess i will listen to what my body is saying!

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    yea, this is what grok did. vegetables are plants and in the winter they die.

it's scary how well it all fits; in the summer you will eat more fruit and you will be more active, throwing sticks and your dog will catch it; in the winter you cannot be outside as much so you eat the meats from the winter mammals you hunt, and you do not have as much of the fruits, if at all.

THIS. it makes so much sense!!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    UGH.. so hard for me to eat veggies in the winter. Salads make me want to gag when its cold outside (weird I know). I eat apples and the occasional root veggie. Not near enough veggies though
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

activia is offline Senior Member
    I think some of it was from learned behavior. Grok may have migrated to warmer climates in the winter (or in some parts of the world is was warm all year round). Salads are cold and they make you colder.... warm food is more comforting.

I know back when I was a kid and had "summers off" I had much less of an appetite. The heat tends to do that. Since I started working in a climate controlled office that changed. I have the same appetite all year round except on summer weekends

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Usually I have less of an appetite in the summer, and mainly want to eat fruits and vegetables, and in the winter I generally crave more meat and root vegetables. For some reason, I only seem to really want potatoes when it's cold outside.
    This is me, exactly. This is encoded into our DNA, methinks. It feels so natural to me, so I am done with the struggle and am going with it.

I'm currently reading a very interesting book called "Staying Healthy Through The Seasons" by Haas, which encourages quite a different diet in summer vs. winter. (This is based on TCM -- Traditional Chinese Medicine.)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

I will check that book out!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    are you sure its not "Staying Healthy With the Seasons"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast