Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cut the Crap page

Ced12 is offline Junior Member

Cut the Crap

Shop Now
    Today is my first day of this lifestyle. I look and feel like crap so I am hoping a diet of natural and unprocessed food will remedy that. Will continue my intro later.

So a little about me. I was thin and didnt have a weight problem til college. Since then I have been bouncing around weight wise. I am at my highest 175.2. I put on 30 lbs in the last year and have been feeling and looking like crap. I hope that this lifestyle will help. Yesterday I bought the primal book on kindle for 3.99. I do have a problem with binge eating. I also hope that only counting carbs will stop that too

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    First of all - Welcome to the Tribe.

If I were you, I would consider looking at a site like Fitday. There's nothing like having to input all your food intake to keep yourself accountable.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Thanks, I have a few different trackers on my phone.

I bought the 2 primal blueprint books and hope to read them entirely. I
    in grad school part time and teach full time so I'll try to get through them
    this week.

Did pretty well today. Have veggies cut up for tomorrow and cleared my kitchen of all the processed foods.

The success stories on this site and in the book are amazing.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Don't let the carb flu discourage you. You'll be burning fat in no time.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    Sounds like you are already making a good start.

Welcome to the tribe.

Thanks

I am a little worried about the carb flu but I know pushing through it will be worth it

I was going to go 100% primal but it's a bit rough so I am going to do 80/20 to start and eventually work up to 100%.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    First of all - Welcome to the Tribe.

If I were you, I would consider looking at a site like Fitday. There's nothing like having to input all your food intake to keep yourself accountable.
    Or paleotrack.com then you won't get told off for eating too much fat
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Ced12 View Post
    I was going to go 100% primal but it's a bit rough so I am going to do 80/20 to start and eventually work up to 100%.
    Some people start by primalising a meal at a time, breakfast this week, lunch next week, dinner the week after etc.
    Personally I can't do things by half, I have to commit fully to get into the swing.

I'd recommend aiming for 100% so when you do fall off the wagon and have a bowl of ice team, or a mars bar (whatever your guilty pleasure is),
    it's nothing to worry about and you'll come in closer to 80/20%. Whereas if you aim for 80% you'll most likely come in under.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast