Thread: Codex Alimentarius page

barehard Guest

Shop Now

I'm new here. Has there been any discussion on this topic yet? If so, please link me. If not...why not? This is huge.

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

There are so many issues contained w/in the Codex Alimentarius. Want to mention your top concerns to narrow the focus of discussion a little bit?

barehard Guest

Ok. I'm not 100% sure on any of these issues as they may just be internet scaremongering, that's why I started a thread to get peoples' opinions. But....

* Restriction of vitamins/ supplements.

* Forced irradiation of ALL food.

* Outlawing of organic farming.

* Changes to mandatory labelling laws.

Please please tell me it's all hype but there's so much confusing stuff that google's leading me to.

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

The codex is a funny thing, because member countries are not required to implement any of the regulations. Strange, huh? So the document as a whole doesn't bother me too much, because I believe it'll never be adopted as a whole in the US.

I do pay attention when my local farmers tell me that they need support to avoid specific overzealous regulation. An example: in 2008 they let us know that there were proposed changes in food handling regulations that would require them to purchase prohibitively expensive equipment for the washing of greens. That particular gem was inspired not by the Codex, but by the Fall 2006 contamination of fresh spinach with E. coli O157:H7.

Yes, the German representatives did try to get supps restricted in the mid-90s, but there was a lot of protest. As far as I know, the current wording is mostly about accurate labeling practices, not about restrictions.

I'm not a huge fan of US food labeling. For nutritional information I much prefer Europe's conventions, so it wouldn't surprise me if whatever the Codex suggests would be an improvement!

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Unfortunately codex is very real, and its' founding fathers are rumored to be the architects/designers of the infamous Auschwitz nazi imprisonment camp. Believe what you want, can't take that right away.

http://healthfreedom.org/

Really the only way to not support codex is to

- purchase from small-farmers/organic stores

- notify congressman/sign petitions

-notify organic stores/vitamin shops, ect...

-start your own organic garden, grow your own food (they're trying to take that away too)

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

barehard Guest

Nothing will surprise me about governments anymore. When walking around town, I see adverts for "health" products advertising what I now know to be poisons. I wish people would wakeup. All I can do is spread the word and be as enthusiastic about it as I can I spose.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Barehard your doing your part then. I never let off what I think about the way the world is run right now, because once people start thinking your a conspiracy theorist they disregard your opinion. I know what I believe, and everyone has the right to believe what they want.

I just want to make sure you don't get down about stuff like this. When I started researching codex, Monsanto, and the connections (went really far) I got pretty sad. But you can't do that because that's just what these people want. They run on your fear.

On top of that, as I somewhat mentioned above, your vote is your dollar. Research where your money is going, and make sure it is going to the causes you want to support. I personally don't support non-organic stores, but that is just me and might be a little extreme. I also don't support big business like walmart, ect... You have to form your own core values and stick to them. Don't ever lose hope though!

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com