Thread: minute steak page

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

i bought some grass fed minute steak from the farmers market, but

1) i don't really even know what that means

2) how should i cook it that is easy to do ?

trypleight is offline Junior Member

Minute steak marinades really well. Something simple like honey and minced garlic. You don't need a lot of marinade just make sure the steaks are covered by rubbing it in with your fingers. Let sit in the freezer for about 45 mins then go from the freezer to a hot pan (use butter or coconut oil in pan). There is a reason it's called a minute steak. A quick 45 seconds to 1 min on each side and you are done.

Another tip:

I eat a lot of wild game and almost all the beef I eat is grass fed. Cook it from frozen. When you buy your meat or if you kill it yourself (or have a brother that kills it for you...lucky for me) freeze it immediately after you get it or if possible buy it frozen. This method will make the "gamiest" meats taste like the most tender fillet mignon you have ever had. Most people are taught traditionally to defrost their meat first, this kills nutrients and allows the meat to begin to go rancid. With wild game it's the defrosting that makes it taste "gamey" not the meat itself.

Give it a try!

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

huh, well, already defrosted the bought frozen meats, but i'll keep that in mind for the future

thanks for the advice

brian7972 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

888 - interesting post. I've found that with my grass-fed beef, it "bleeds" (i.e. juice) alot while thawing in the fridge. With ground beef, I don't mind as I reincoporate the juice back in. However, with steaks, I wonder how much juiciness is lost while thawing.